In 2001, a group of hospice professionals calling themselves “The Founding Angels”, came together to start a new organization based on the belief that they could offer hospice care on a higher plane than any other resource in Central Indiana. The group has evolved since that time, but one constant that has remained is their determination to run the organization by their stated values of professionalism, teamwork, stewardship, integrity, and service. These values are the guiding force of our operations and have been placed at the top of our organizational chart to emphasize their importance.
Guardian Angel Hospice has grown steadily in the number of patients it serves, as well as in the size of its staff and volunteer base to provide those services. Guardian Angel Hospice remains locally owned and operated, with offices in Kokomo, Logansport, Lafayette, and Carmel, Indiana. Our focus is to provide outstanding end-of-life care to all people living in the 30 Central Indiana counties we serve.
Do you want to empower hospice patients and their families?
Are you looking for competitive pay and stellar benefits?
Are you ready for a life changing employment opportunity?
If you answered yes, we think you might be the one! We only want the best. At Guardian Angel Hospice, quality comes first - and we can prove it. At Guardian Angel, top employees earn more no matter how long they’ve been employed and there are extra pay opportunities every week. Employees at Guardian Angel get more training than at any other Hospice in the state. We want you to be 100% confident in the care you provide because we are 100% committed to the success of our employees! Because patient and family satisfaction is key, we utilize an incredible transformation program to set up every Angel for success.
At Guardian Angel Hospice, we want you to love your career and the people you work with, while educating and empowering our patients and their families. That’s why a career at Guardian Angel Hospice offers:
- Competitive wages
- Extra pay opportunities each week
- The best training in hospice - anywhere!
- A flexible schedule to accommodate a work/life balance
- A full line of benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Tuition reimbursement and certification testing
- Opportunities for advancement within our organization for those with strong leadership skills
Guardian Angel Hospice desires a Weekend Option RN who can combine working knowledge of Hospice Care regulatory standards with a proven track record in delivering and documenting quality care in the home. The ideal applicant must have the capability to effectively support, comfort, and educate patients, families, and others while maintaining confidentiality.
The Weekend Option Nurse:
- Evaluates and routinely re-evaluates the nursing needs of the patient
- Provides direct care as needed during the weekend
- Demonstrates competency in all skills required to provide world class end of life care, including, but not limited to pain management, symptom control, infusion therapy, central line care and maintenance, wound care and aseptic technique
- Responds to medical or emotional crisis and/or death of a patient, make on-site visits.
- Advocates for the patient and the family to ensure patient's preferences are honored
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with those served
- Assists with the education of the patient/family on Advance Directives
- Initiates communication with attending physicians and other community resources to report changes as needed
- Demonstrates familiarity with policies of the agency and rules, regulations of community, state and federal bodies, which relate to delivery of hospice services
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and be willing to travel within the company’s service area
- Current RN state licensure
- Ability to work in a field setting and to make sound nursing judgements
- Ability to assess patient needs and formulate individualized patient care plans to meet those needs
Keywords: RN, Registered Nurse, Nursing, Hospice Nurse, Hospice RN, Hospice Registered Nurse, RNCM, Case Manager, Case Management, Healthcare, Hospice, Home Care, Home Health, Home Health Care, CHPN, Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse, CHPPN, Certified Hospice and Palliative Pediatric Nurse
Electronic Medical Record
Arm Hand Steadiness
Conducting Physical Examinations