GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world’s most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. GlobalFoundries is owned by Mubadala Investment Company. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Process Engineer - Metrology.
Summary of Role\:
GlobalFoundries Fab 9 is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Metrology Process Engineer to become part of our semiconductor manufacturing facility in Essex Junction, Vermont. The individual selected for this position will work together with other GlobalFoundries technology development and manufacturing groups at Fab 9. This position will lead process development and continuous improvement for AFM (Atomic Force Microscopy) and other metrology processes. Projects will include development and optimization of process for various technologies, implementation of new manufacturing systems, optimizing unit process for manufacturability, and continuous improvement of manufacturing processes through collaboration with other process engineering and integration groups.
Essential Responsibilities include\:
- Collaborate with GlobalFoundries internal customers and participate in development/manufacturing of unit process for various technologies
- Design, execute, and analyze experiments to screen and optimize module unit process and equipment to meet technology (e.g., performance, yield, and reliability) and manufacturing (e.g., process stability, cost of ownership) targets
- Work with integration and device groups in the technology development and the manufacturing teams to plan and execute projects and implement solutions on schedule
- Work on various metrology tools such as AFM (Atomic Force Microscopy) and others to develop new model and recipes to support manufacturing & development of leading-edge processes
- Engage with tool suppliers to highlight new unit process requirements and evaluate new equipment solutions
- Define and maintain module unit process and equipment roadmaps
- Sustain production line, daily SPC monitoring, CPK improvement, and troubleshooting support for process and tool issues
- Perform Tool setup, qualification and tool matching activities
- Improve process robustness for high volume manufacturing using statistical tools, DOE techniques, data-driven decision making, and systematic problem-solving skills. Use lean manufacturing and six sigma processes
- Drive continuous improvement efforts in support of throughput improvement, cost reduction, and yield learning
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Solid State Physics, Chemical or other relevant engineering, physical science, or data science discipline is required
- Minimum of 3-4 years of semiconductor process engineering experience in the process area is desired
- Understanding and working knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and/or Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with diverse teams, customers, internal and external partners
- Fluency in English Language – written & verbal
- Travel Requirements\: 0%
- MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Solid State Physics, Chemical or other relevant engineering, physical science or data science discipline
- Understanding & experience with AFM process and equipment is highly desired
- Experienced Metrology Engineer is preferred
- Experience and understanding of high-volume manufacturing are highly preferred
- Understanding of FEOL and BEOL integration is a plus
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Senior Process Engineer - Metrology and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Effective January 4, 2022, GlobalFoundries will require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. GlobalFoundries will follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) definition of fully vaccinated and will require proof of vaccination. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, will have the opportunity to submit an accommodation request.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.
- Atomic Force Microscopy
- Business Process Improvement
- Cost Reduction
- Data Science
- Decision Making
- Design Of Experiments