You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Sales Rotation Program - Minnetonka, MN
Internships at UnitedHealth Group. If you want an intern experience that will dramatically shape your career, consider a company that’s dramatically shaping our entire health care system. UnitedHealth Group internship opportunities will provide a hands-on view of a rapidly evolving, incredibly challenging marketplace of ideas, products and services. You’ll work side by side with some of the smartest people in the business on assignments that matter. So here we are. You have a lot to learn. We have a lot to do. It’s the perfect storm. And even better? Join us and you may end up staying for a career in which you can do your life’s best work.(sm)
Here’s how to go from hitting the books to changing the world.
Begin your career at UnitedHealth Group and you’ll get an opportunity to do something extraordinary with your first job out of college: Make a real difference by being part of a company that helps 85 million people live healthier lives. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it.
Consider the influence you can have on the quality of care for millions of people. Now, enhance that success with enthusiasm you can really feel. Great sales are the result of a solid purpose, conviction, and pride - pride in your ability and your product.
UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products through two distinct platforms: United HealthCare (health benefits) and Optum (health services). At United HealthCare Medicare & Retirement, we serve the fastest growing segment of our nation's population – 50 and older. And we're doing it with an intense amount of dedication. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of our 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to strengthen our health care system.
We offer a growth-based culture with extraordinary opportunities and succeed by staying true to our mission to make health care work effectively and efficiently for seniors.
**This is a full-time position and will be available starting June 2023**
**UnitedHealth Group is not able to offer relocation assistance for this position**
**UnitedHealth Group is not able to offer visa sponsorship now or in the future for this position**
- Participate in a sales rotational program that will accelerate your career with a company that will help you learn new skills and foster your continued growth
- Complete two, six-month rotations outside of Direct to Consumer Sales in areas including but not limited to Marketing, Product, Sales Operations, Workforce Management, and Business Development
- Collaborate with experienced professionals, mentors, and sales leaders
- Build relationships within a close-knit community of peers involved in the rotational program to expand your network
- Practical experience based program in which participants are assigned projects in critical areas of the business
- Participate in a 24-month Rotational Program that will provide a structured curriculum and on-the-job sessions that will expose you to broad skills, tools, and functional departments within the Sales & Distribution Organization. Along with training and a core role within the Direct to Consumer Sales organization, you will also experience two, six month rotations fully submerged within a different part of the organization. From this, you will:
- Gain industry knowledge
- Enhance communication and presentation skills
- Review reporting practices and utilize analytical skills
- Learn and understand different work styles
- Formalize individual development plans
- Learn and live our corporate culture and values
- Access a very comprehensive repository of online self-development tools and resources
- Drive sales/enrollments through effective handling of all telephone inquiries from prospects & members interested in UnitedHealthcare Medicare Solutions, with the intent of enrolling consumers in optimal plan(s)/product(s)
- Convert inbound calls to sales
- Manage outbound calls and special campaign initiatives for assigned region
- Conduct needs analysis across diverse consumer population
- Sell across multiple product set
- Generate leads to optimal sales channel
- All new hires will be required to successfully complete the UHC Portfolio Agent New Hire training classes and demonstrate proficiency of the material
- Within 14 days, new hire must obtain all appropriate state insurance licenses (completed during training). If you provide verification you hold the appropriate state licenses 14 days prior to your start date, and upon hire you successfully complete our UHC Portfolio Agent New Hire training class, you may be eligible for a $1,000 sign on bonus
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Currently in final year of obtaining a bachelor’s degree (or obtained degree no longer than 24 months prior to position start date, from an accredited college/university). Bachelor’s Degree must be obtained prior to start of employment
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered)
- Work or volunteer experience in sales, customer service, health care, or health insurance
- 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Work with a Fortune 5 organization that’s serving millions of people as we transform health care with bold ideas. Bring your energy for driving change for the better. Help us improve health access and outcomes for everyone, as we work to advance health equity, connecting people with the care they need to feel their best. As an industry leader, our commitment to improving lives is second to none.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
- Business Development
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Customer Service
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2134130
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.