Company Job Title:
Contracting Specialist II
Joint Base Anacostia Bolling (JBAB), Washington DC
Director of Operations
Exempt, Full Time, Regular
The ContractSpecialist II support the Air Force Rapid Capabilities Office (AFRCO), theSecretary of the Air Force for Acquisition Special Programs Division (SAF/AQL),and US Air Force combat and sustainment activities. The Contract Specialist II will follow applicable Federal, Departmentof Defense and Air Force acquisition policy, law, regulation and guidanceprocedures.
- Workwith the Contracting Officer in planning and managing acquisitions for avariety of products and services for the contracts division
- Providecradle-to-grave contract support, such as conducting market research, preparingsolicitation documentation (pre and post award), reviewing proposals forcompliance, performing cost/price evaluations, assisting with negotiatingpositions, reviewing and processing invoices
- Ensureconsistency across acquisition documentation.
- Facilitateprogram execution and decision-making.
- Workwith the Contracting Officer in developing acquisition strategies, includingdetermination of contract method/type
- Performcontract administration, including, but not limited to maintaining contractfile folders and preparing contract modifications
- Workwith the Contracting Officer in the oversight of contract performance
- Responsiblefor mentoring and providing quality review of work products and deliverables ofmore junior staff.
- Supportthe integration of acquisition planning, requirements development, andresourcing into executable project plans, synchronized with program objectivesand strategic vision.
- Assistin communicating project status and issues, and developing acquisition andpolicy recommendations
- Assistthe Contracting Officer in acquisition of critically needed national securitycapabilities by performing contract administration from the description of therequirements to contract delivery, and participating in oversight of contractperformance.
- Otherduties as assigned
MinimumQualifications: (Toperform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform eachessential duty satisfactorily.)
- Bachelor’sDegree in a business-related field such as accounting, business administration,contracts, economics, finance, law, purchasing, or related discipline required;Master’s Degree preferred. Non-business degree must have 24 hours of businessrelated courses.
- Additionalexperience may be used in lieu of a degree, contingent upon customer approval.
- 10 years of government contracting experience in private sector or 5 years as aGS1102-13 Contract Specialist or higher grade.
- Additionaleducation or relevant higher level certifications may be used in lieu ofexperience, contingent upon customer approval.
- Experienceto include:
- Expertisein managing contract actions from conception to implementation
- Extensiveexperience in performing source selections, cost or price analysis,negotiations, and preparation of related contract documentation in accordancewith directives and policies
- 10 years’ experience in acquisition of DoD systems, R&D or related activities
- SpecialAccess Program (SAP) experience.
- Experienceon similar types of programs may be used in lieu of SAP experience, contingentupon customer approval.
- DAWIAor equivalent required
- ActiveTS/SCI clearance
Knowledge, Skillsand Abilities:
- Abilityto successfully complete a Government Counterintelligence Scope Polygraph (CIPoly)
- Knowledgeof contracting for a variety of products and services for major systems,research and development (R&D), and/or complex programs using a wide rangeof contracting methodologies such as negotiated contract and commercialacquisition procedures in accordance with the Federal Acquisition Regulation(FAR) and other applicable supplements
- Abilityto work under aggressive schedules with demanding performance requirements
- Abilityto travel CONUS and OCONUS
- Proficientin ConWrite preferred
- Expertisein large systems acquisition
URL blocked - click to apply(The physical demands describedhere are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to performthe essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of thisJob, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee isfrequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reachwith hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb orbalance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally liftand/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this jobinclude close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environmentcharacteristics described here are representative of those an employeeencounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
- The employee will normally work ina temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure toelectronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas ofoperations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborneparticles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
ChenegaCorporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Nativepreference under PL 93-638.
Weparticipate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.