Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Director, Field Training Solutions will be responsible for the successful implementation of all phases of the talent development cycle for skilled trade positions. Reporting to the Sr. Director, Talent Development & Education, the Director, Field Training Solutions will oversee all aspects of training delivered across Sunbelt’s network of coaching centers (in development).
- Contributes to the training deployment strategy for all skilled trade positions (technician/mechanic, driver, yard associate/cargo technician, equipment rental specialist)
- Leads team of coordinators and facilitators through direct reporting relationships and other key coaching center employees through partnerships
- Holds team accountable for the timely scheduling and completion by skilled trade audience of all training courses
- Maintains up-to-date, comprehensive records for all skilled trade teammates’ progress within their development plans
- Collaborates with other team leaders on solutions required to advance the careers of skilled trade teammates
- Defines metrics for successful evaluation of programs around fulfillment of audience needs and relevant business drivers with functions
- Meets and engages subject matter experts, key partners, executive leaders, and learners to conduct needs analyses, and define requirements
- Collects and maintains performance data to draw conclusions about the impact of training interventions
- Partners with training vendors and OEMs (training partners and business partners) to ensure alignment with Sunbelt-defined objectives for each role
- Monitors industry trends and best practices for delivery to skilled trade audiences to recommend new approaches when appropriate
- Previews and evaluates vendor instructional materials for purchase and use by the organization
- Creates and manages work plan and project steps using established tools and procedures to meet committed time frames and project milestones
- Develops standard processes for functional area that align with other Talent Development and Education guidelines
- Keeps pace with both business and functional knowledge while applying this effectively in the training deployment process
- 50% travel required to monitor progress in coaching center locations across the Sunbelt network
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience plus at least 15 years of training and development experience, including at least 5 years of experience leading a high performance team
- Excellent social, communication and presentation skills and influencing, negotiation and facilitation skills to champion and maintain collaborative relationships; consistent record of communicating and processing complex and sensitive information in both verbal and written formats
- Strong business insight, able to link current and anticipated business challenges with solutions
- Excellent ability to engage with people at all levels of the organization from individual contributors to executives
- Excellent coaching and mentoring skills with a track record of improving overall performance
- Equipment rental or similar industry (construction, retail, utilities) experience preferred
Gear up for an exciting career!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Freight Forwarding
- Hardworking And Dedicated