The Supervisor Maintenance will work at 8 to 12 apartment buildings and at such buildings will be supervisor of each buildings’ maintenance staff (superintendents and porters). These 8 to 12 buildings are located in the Manhattan, the Bronx and Brooklyn and are multifamily apartment rental buildings financed by Low Income Housing Tax Credits where S:US is the owner and property manager. The Maintenance Supervisor will need to work closely with a number of different staff members and teams, including the Program Director at each building, and other social service staff at the buildings, the property management team (located at 1168 Stratford Avenue, Bronx), the S:US Facilities Department and the superintendent and porters at each building.
- Visits each property at least weekly (and more if needed) and conducts regular inspections of each assigned property to ensure the building is kept to the quality standard of the company:
- Supervisors the superintendents and porters at each building to ensure timely completion of work orders and minimize the issuance of municipal violations;
- Works with S:US Facilities Department and the superintendent and porters at each building to ensure that violations from HPD, DEP, ECB, FDNY, etc. are addressed and reported to Violations Coordinator;
- Works with Program Staff and super and porter to coordinate the 'turnover' of vacant apartments in an expeditious manner in order to avoid the loss of any rental income, communicate with SPA Department of S:US re: unit availability and required inspections;
- Coordinates with Contracts Manager and Director of Maintenance when outside maintenance or service vendors are needed, and advises Contracts Manager when vendors are not performing satisfactorily;
- Ability to be on-call and respond to emergency situations;
- Supervises all functions of the physical plant which include plumbing, heating, roofing, and electrical and gas systems;
- Conduct supervision sessions with Supers/Porters;
- Advises Director of Maintenance or VP of Facilities when outside contractors are needed for repair work beyond the capability of the building staff and coordinates access for contractors and ensures inspections are made of work;
- Assists the property management team to ensure all apartment and property inspections are ready prior to and be on site for inspections;
- Assists the property management team to review the building inspection reports in conjunction with supervisor, Director of Maintenance and VP of Facilities in order to understand what maintenance problems need to be resolved and improvements that need to be made; and
- Represents himself/herself and the property in a professional manner with residents, visitors, and other employees.
- Responsible for all Supers handing in the monthly preventive maintenance report;
- Responsible for timesheets of all staff under supervision;
- Responsible for all Supers submitting their work orders in the Yardi system.
- Responsible for adhering to a weekly work schedule for himself/herself and all other staff at the properties; and
- Works with the Regional Supervisor, trains the Maintenance Mechanics/Handymen, and Porters/Cleaners in the proper performance of their functions, consistent with company policies, procedures, and standards.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- At least three years of building maintenance experience in a large residential setting
- Experience working with special needs population preferred;
- Must possess good interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of boiler, façade, plumbing and heating elements.
- Driver License required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, preferred.
- Proficiency in Yardi preferred.
- Passionate about the S:US mission generally and provision of supportive housing in particular;
- Highly organized, detail oriented and self-motivated;
- Ability to manage other employees in a high paced dynamic atmosphere;
- Excellent written, oral and email communication skills.
SUS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Services for the UnderServed (S:US) believes every New Yorker has the right to lead a life of purpose. Since 1978, S:US has been turning this belief into reality by advocating for people with life circumstances marked by homelessness, intellectual/developmental disability, behavioral health and addiction challenges, poverty, criminal justice involvement, and trauma. Our dedicated workforce of 2,400 provides services and supports to transform the lives of 35,000 individuals and families in New York City and Long Island. Learn more about S:US, our mission, and values by visiting sus.org.
Benefits Overview: We offer attractive compensation with comprehensive benefits including: Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision/Life Insurance; 403(b); Credit Union; FSAs; Short-and-Long-Term Disability; Transportation Plan; Generous Paid Vacations and Holidays
Attention To Detail