To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Brea, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Underwriting Manager - 1000 Corporate
American Financial Network, Inc • Brea, CA
Posted 30 days ago
American Financial Network, Inc. (AFN) is a unique force in the mortgage market. We are one of the nation’s largest privately held mortgage companies with the resources necessary to compete on a national level with the largest publicly held banks. AFN maintains speed to decision, responsive communication and flexibility through its private ownership and flat organizational structure. We are driven by a vision of being a market leader through creating the ultimate in customer service and being consistently better by always seeking new ways to improve.
JOIN OUR TEAM - American Financial Network’s corporate office in Brea, CA has the immediate need for a Underwriting Manager to lead a team of Underwriters and help the well-established and growing company continue on its ascending path.
Manages a team of underwriters and provides quality loans for the company by underwriting and evaluating residential mortgage applications. Manages staff in gathering, analyzing and interpreting all types of credit information for existing and prospective retail banking customers in order to maximize credit and minimize risk and potential loss. Manages the development and maintenance of loan underwriting portfolios. Approves and/or denies loans within certain limits and makes credit structure and loan eligibility decisions.
- Bring at least 3 years of leadership experience/skills with a proven track record
- Embrace technology with the ability to utilize a paperless underwriting system
- Possess and maintain current knowledge of agency/industry regulations
- Ensure compliance with state and federal lending laws
- Learn and enforce company underwriting protocol
- Manage a team of underwriters
- Coach, mentor and support underwriting staff to follow company and industry protocol and investor guidelines for quality underwriting
- Lead and motivate underwriting staff to achieve and maintain swift turnaround times for underwriting and condition reviews
- Field loan scenario questions from an underwriting perspective
- Work with the Director of Underwriting to develop and enforce underwriting policies and procedures that will help streamline processes and ensure compliance and uniformity in underwriting
- Ensure underwriting staff training and make recommendations for additional training methods/modules when needed
- Analyze production reports and make recommendations regarding increasing or decreasing underwriting staff numbers accordingly
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to work well independently and as part of the management team
What we offer:
- A full-time position working for a successful mortgage lender
- A competitive salary
- An excellent benefits package that includes health insurance (with employee contribution) and paid time off (PTO) for vacation days and holidays
How to apply:
Compile and send all of the following information in response to this job posting:
- Cover letter that explains why you are suitable for the position
American Financial Network, Inc. NMLS #237341 is an equal opportunity employer.