Our client is one of the world's leading leasing transportation companies. Their corporate office based out of Chicago is a fantastic place to grow your career ands develop in a highly functional team. Reporting to the Director of Accounting the Accounting Manager will be tasked with corporate month end close responsibilities, supervise 1 individual, complete consolidated financial statements, monthly and quarterly variance analysis reporting and oversee internal controls operations.What your role will entail:1.Oversee the monthly accounting close process for the Corporate segment, which includes: • Ensuring monthly activities are properly recorded in accordance with U.S. GAAP, reviewing journal entries, account reconciliations and report preparation.
• Ensuring accuracy, completeness and timeliness of general ledger accounts in accordance with established deadlines
• Working closely with members of the finance team to analyze and communicate relevant financial performance; review and manage preparation of the monthly and quarterly operating reports; Collaborate with FPA to provide robust internal reporting
• Oversee the preparation and review of monthly and quarterly account reconciliations, cash flow statements, roll forwards and trend analysis to ensure completeness and accuracy of results
• Assist in the quarterly review and annual audit with external auditors
• Provide support to other departments with various finance inquiries
• Assist financial reporting team with 10-Q and 10-K disclosure requirements
• Be a thought leader to drive consistency and improvement through identification and implementation of best practices and possible automation 2.Assist management in ensuring the effectiveness of our internal control environment including: • Evaluate, develop, and maintain documentation on operating procedures to ensure compliance with internal controls
• Monitor and ensure that all general ledger accounts related to the Corporate segment are maintained in compliance with established accounting policies
• Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders to ensure compliance What are we looking for: • Bachelors degree. Masters of Accounting/MBA preferred.
• CPA required
• 7-10 years experience working in an accounting function
• Supervisory and leadership skills to assess, coach, develop and manage performance of staff.
• Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Knowledge and data skills management to organize, prioritize, and meet time-sensitive deadlines.
• Experience using SAP (preferred)
• Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Strong writing skills (documentation of accounting opinions; policies/procedures).
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
Complex Problem Solving