Profile & Mission
Cumberland Pharmaceuticals is a specialty pharmaceutical company that acquires, develops and commercializes branded prescription products designed to improve quality of care and address unmet medical needs.
With a focus on underserved niche markets, including hospital acute care and gastroenterology, we deliver products that serve patients in the U.S. market. Cumberland also makes its products available to patients internationally through select strategic partnerships.
While Cumberland's commercial capabilities are focused on the U.S. market, our business development team is actively pursuing opportunities to make our brands available to patients in markets around the globe.
Our primary mission is to improve upon patient care with products that offer clear advantages over existing treatments. We also strive to deliver solutions that may help reduce costs for healthcare providers and, ultimately, patients.
The Hospital Sales Representative (HSR) is responsible for generating sales for assigned Cumberland product(s) within select hospitals within a defined geography by meeting customer needs. HSR will work within established budget guidelines and adhere to all sampling and documentation policies.PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Function independently with a high degree of sales proficiency and integrity.
2. Possess strong product knowledge; put into practice learned product knowledge to accomplish sales objectives.
3. Meet assigned sales goals.
4. Create and implement an individual Business Plan for territory, under the direction and supervision of supervisor.
5. Develop a strategy for securing formulary approvals and increasing product usage (i.e., pull-through) by appropriate targeting of key personnel (physicians, pharmacists, and other healthcare professionals) to increase sales in territory.
6. Assess sales performance and market trends with Cumberland management; make suggestions and implement appropriate actions to enhance sales performance.
7. Provide approved educational programs to physicians and office staff members.
8. Provide timely and competent administrative management of work hours, sales call data, customer objectives, communication responses, and expense reporting.
9. Review, implement, and practice all company policies.
10.Seek out team building opportunities in order to communicate effectively and transfer information with supervisor and peers.
11. Any other duties as assigned by management from time to time.
Cumberland offers a competitive salary and extensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k), and generous PTO (paid time off).
Cumberland Pharmaceuticals provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cumberland Pharmaceuticals complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Must have RECENT responsibility calling on hospitals in the open territory which are considered CPI targets
- Must have 3-5 years hospital-only sellingexperience
- Must have current, established relationships with customers in CPI targeted hospitals
- Must have successful experience with the hospital formulary process.
- Must hold a four (4) year degree - BA/BS.
- Must have good planning and organizational skills.
- Must have pharmaceutical branded selling experience.
- Must be results oriented and a self-starter.
- Experience in the pain management field (Pain, Anesthesiology, Critical Care, Surgery)
- Experience in the hyponatremia treatment field (Nephrology, Critical Care, Hospitalist, Cardiology)
- Experience selling injectable products
- Experience selling anti-infective products