Defines, designs and delivers the experience for digital products and services to meet business goals and end user needs and expectations, as well as opportunities to leverage these across the Bank.Primary Responsibilities:
Nature & Scope:
- Demonstrate thought-leadership to envision and design a desired end-state in digital systems or products that meets business goals and end user needs and expectations
- Implement user-centered design methods and/or design-thinking throughout the product development lifecycle to shape the strategy and define deliverables specific to the end system or product
- Partner with Solution Architects and Application Developers to ensure their awareness of and leverage successful user experience standards and industry best practices across Bank systems or products
- Work with internal resources to explore multiple user-centered design concepts through whiteboard sessions, wireframes and usability studies to gather end user feedback to continually improve the customer experience
- Develop and review functional and end user requirements specific to digital systems or products with Application Development to ensure their final look and feel is accurate and meets desired expectations of the end user experience
UX designers know to frame problems before they try to solve them. Whether prototyping, iterating, or executing a design, they always consider users, internal and external, first. They work closely with the rest of the UX team: with researchers to base decisions off real data and test assumptions, with content designers to find the right words to guide customers through the experience, and with engineers to assess the feasibility of designs and leverage standard components. They know how to listen to others and advocate for their own work.The successful candidate will have:
Education and Experience Preferred:
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years' technical experience, including a minimum of 2 years' professional experience in user interface, user experience and/or interaction design, or in lieu of a degree a combined minimum of 7 years' higher education and/or work experience
- Strong proficiency using pertinent illustration, photo-editing, word processing and presentation software
- Strong project management skills and techniques
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong visualization skills
- Proven experience interacting with various multi-disciplinary teams of professionals
- Bachelor's degree in Cognitive Psychology, Computer Science, Design, Industrial Engineering, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction or User Experience.
- Prior experience that highlights a track record of innovative thinking, the value of good design and experience working with stakeholders to deliver results
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and leverage design to bring clarity to abstract ideas
- Proficiency in software design, development and prototyping methods and tools
- Proficiency in industry best practices for desktop, mobile and web applications
- Background/work experience in financial industry
- Expertise in creating use cases, flow diagrams, prototypes, scenarios and wireframes in the context of product development
- Experience with accessibility standards, cross-platform issues, mobile user interfaces and systems-thinking
M&T Bank is a Top 20 US bank holding company and one of the best performing and financial stable regional banks in the country, we offer our technology employees a wide range of performance-based career development opportunities. We have a strong commitment to our customers and the communities we serve, and we continue to grow with a focus on the future. So, when looking to advance your career, look to M&T. Grow with us.
Look And Feel
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: R04587
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
M&T Bank is a multi-state community-focused bank serving New York, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Virginia, West Virginia and Washington, D.C. Founded in 1856, M&T Bank provides banking, investment, insurance and mortgage financial services to consumer, business and government clients.
- One of the 20 largest U.S.-based commercial banks
- $123 billion in assets as of December 31, 2015
- 3.8 million customers
- 17,000+ team members
- 800+ domestic full-service branches
- 1,600+ ATMs
- Online banking (mtb.com) and mobile devices
We’re headquartered in Buffalo NY, and we are organized around 17 community bank regions lead by local regional presidents. This means decisions about loans and community activities are made locally, by the people in the bank who know the community best.
Of the largest 100 banks operating in 1983, only 23 remain today. Among the remaining, M&T ranks 1st in stock price growth.
M&T has been profitable for 158 consecutive quarters—more than 39 straight years.
View the full profile