The Machine Operator (Laser, Water Jet & Plasma) safely performs position specific responsibilities in line with Action Stainless & Alloys/Olympic Steel’s Core Values to ensure the highest level of productivity and quality while adhering to all relevant company policies and procedures. Is a safety leader at all times by personally observing all safety requirements and ensuring compliance from co-workers and visitors. Supports and contributes to continuous improvement initiatives and strives to improve safety, quality, and efficiency in all areas of responsibility. Responsible for operating equipment to fulfill customer orders with a high level of accuracy. Additional activities may include movement of work-in-progress material on the production floor, finished goods staging, raw material and finished goods preparation for shipping.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Commitment to workplace safety.
- Set-up and operate machines including adjustment and/or replacement of expendable tooling, guides, jigs and fixtures.
- Operate a hem saw, plasma burner and overhead crane.
- Support the safety and quality programs by following all accompanying rules and established processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
Stronger Together – Our Commitment to Our Employees
- Ability to operate forklift and cranes.
- Ability to read and interpret simple blueprints.
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools such as hammer, pliers, screwdriver, wrench, drill, grinder and bander.
- Ability to use measuring tools such as tape measure, box caliper, slide dial caliper and micrometer.
- Ability to convert fractions to decimals and vice versa.
- Provide high quality work to all internal and external customers as related to the output of their position.
- Capable of setting up and operating one or more processing machines.
- Speak, write and comprehend conversational English.
- Strong attention to detail.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (preferred).
We want our teams to reflect the diverse communities where we live and work. We’re building a culture that strives to acknowledge and overcome bias and cultivates leaders who value, support and celebrate diversity of thought and perspective. It’s important that our employees feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Unique insights and experiences are what fuel our safe, profitable growth. Because, we’re stronger together.
- Attention To Detail
- Business Process Improvement
- Drilling Operations
- Forklift Truck