Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.Position Overview
Define, implement and adjust as needed the short and long-term business strategy for Communications Tools (Ripley/Miller/Cablematic/MWS). Drive profitable top line and market share growth through business development, new product development, geographic expansion, and operations management. Responsible for Ripley Business P&L, sales, marketing, engineering, and operations within the product line. Responsible for new product development funnel and execution. Define portfolio roadmaps and drive ongoing portfolio management. Lead team to execute product development and cost productivity plans in line with top and bottom line goals established during annual business planning process. Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Experience
- Develop and implement a business strategy ensuring long-term profitable growth.
- Develop and execute sales growth programs to drive incremental share gains
- Develop and deploy marketing and sales plans / programs for major product lines and accounts
- Oversee operations for the business at all sites
- Maintain extensive knowledge of market conditions, technology trends and competitor landscape
- Direct and participate in the annual business planning process for the business.
- Define multiyear portfolio roadmaps, perform regular product line gap analysis and portfolio reviews
- Manage engineering resources to deliver new products on time and within budget
- Prepare/review major capital expenditure requests in support of product line business plans
- Present business plans orally and in writing for general review and approval
- Define pricing and gross profit strategies for all products
- Develop monthly sales forecast based on feedback from sales, marketing and customers.
- Drive and direct product improvements within the product line
- Drive and direct productivity and cost improvement projects managed by Operations
- Provide technical support to customers on product applications, specification, and quality
- Engage in commercial/legal negotiations and customer facing activities as needed
- Maintain positive and effective employee relations all around
- Manage business personnel and activities to ensure adherence to budget and operational objectives.
- BS degree required, preference for degrees in Business or Engineering
- MBA preferred
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- 7-10 years of experience that demonstrates strong business acumen and leadership skills
(experience in a manufacturing environment preferred)
- 3+ years supervisory/management experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products
Bachelors Degree in Business or Engineering GeneralPosting Address
46 Nooks Hill Road
Cromwell, CT 06416
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
- Business Development
- Business Management
- Business Planning
- Commercial Awareness