To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Detroit, MI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Health Care Analyst
AF Group • Detroit, MI
Posted 17 days ago
Other Great Industries
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
COBX - Senior Health Services
The Senior Health Care Analyst is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, implementation, and leading department assignments. The position operates within broad objectives to ensure optimum utilization of manpower and budget. The role researches, compiles and analyzes appropriate and relevant data and makes recommendations for operational improvements.
* Provides audit and analytics support to the Medicare pharmacy services business team
* Build and support business reports to be included in executive dashboard.
* Gather requirements for part D dashboard and implementing the dashboard on Sharepoint. Leads in the research, analysis, identification and evaluation of data from assigned problems to evaluate existing and potential trends and issues.
* Possesses and maintains an extensive comprehensive knowledge of Medicare Part D business, products, programs (including provider data, networks, etc.), corporate organizational structure (including functional responsibilities), and basic research principles/methodologies.
* Manages and monitors multiple projects simultaneously by establishing project plans and objectives to ensure goal attainment within defined parameters.
* Develops lines of communication to discuss/review results of analysis to management via reports/presentations and assists management in implementing programs that provide solutions.
* Investigates, reviews, recommends, communicates and implements solutions which identify problems/root cause of issues.
* Identifies and resolves challenges to fulfill key corporate objectives and responds to the demands of change management and initiates actions needed to plan, organize and control team activities.
* Independently develops and plans reports, papers and/or other materials in a clear and concise manner.
* Provides expertise and guidance to unit and corporate staff as required.
* Acts as liaison between corporate business areas and participates in group or committee discussions.
* Interact with pharmacy functional business owners to define measurable metrics assist with dashboard use
* Supports ongoing maintenance of executive dashboard and related products, applications and platforms. Works with analytics business analysts/developers and operations personnel to automate dashboard functions.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Economics, Health Care, Information Systems, Statistics or a related field. Master's degree preferred. Relevant combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree. Continuous learning is required. Certification or progress toward certification is highly preferred and encouraged.
Five years of experience in related experience, typically in two subject areas (e.g. financial analysis, planning, health care economics, health care policy, statistical modeling, business decisions, analysis, or business management).
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
Strong working knowledge of SAS data reporting knowledge and working experience in PA SAS and SAS server environment is mandatory.
* Experience in using database tools like SAS Visual Analytics
* Ability to design and develop SharePoint site and use Dundas charts/excel web services, Access and SAS data sources
* Experience with PBM systems and tools is highly desired.
* Excellent analytical, planning, problem solving, verbal and written skills to communicate complex ideas.
* Excellent knowledge and use of Microsoft Office.
* Ability to work independently, as well as within a team environment, and communicate effectively with
employees at all levels.
Work is performed in an office setting with no unusual hazards.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an "at will" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job ID: 5000288020806
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.