Dawoud Kazimee with Robert Half Finance is recruiting for a Senior Accountant to join an exciting company in the Portland area. Do you thrive in challenging, fast-paced environments? Does the chance to work with a reputable company excite you? Robert Half Finance may have the job you are looking for. As a Senior Accountant, you will prepare and consolidate financial statements, analyze and reconcile accounts, analyze cash flow, produce budgets and forecasting, prepare audits, and handle internal control maintenance and regulatory reporting. Candidate must possess top-notch analytical skills. This full-time role offers solid compensation and benefits along with possibility growth. Located in Portland, Oregon.
How you will make an impact
- Provide monthly consolidated P&L and Balance Sheet flux analysis for management reporting
- Ensure corporate accounting policies, procedures, and controls are followed when working with business partners and be able to provide support on special requests
- Offer involvement in various department-wide initiatives
- Analyze financial information and report on financial results (trends, performance metrics, benchmarks)
- Provide monthly accounting closure procedures and deliverables, which includes journal entries, reconciliations, reports in compliance with GAAP
- Assist in coordinating quarterly reviews and testing with internal and external auditors
- Delegate resources to Ad-hoc projects as necessary
- Continuously analyze current automation of the accounting and reporting process and present improvement suggestions
- Formulate Balance Sheet account reconciliations
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP
- BA/BS in Accounting, CPA credentials are preferred
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to meet deadlines
- 3+ years of overall general accounting experience, ideally with Big 4 experience
- Be detailed, flexible, and organized
- Accomplished in analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Understanding of corporate performance management (CPM) and business intelligence systems required
- Exceptional time management skills preferred
- SEC reporting and SOX compliance is a plus
- Takes action on items beyond formal job responsibilities
- Experience working in a dynamic and changing company environment a plus
- Prior experience in a public accounting environment is highly valued
- Knowledgeable of ERP systems
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professionals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at
or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/finance to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
By clicking 'Apply Now' you are agreeing to Robert Half [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Sr. Accountant.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Sarbanes Oxley Act (Sox) Compliance