AK Steel has an immediate opening for a Mechanical Maintenance Shift Manager. The Mechanical Maintenance Shift Manager leads a team of skilled trades employees to ensure the reliability of our mechanical equipment through preventative maintenance and directing maintenance personnel as needed in response to break downs.
- Supervise maintenance employees within assigned department
- Maximize employee utilization, developing skills and abilities via training
- Drive continuous improvement through the maintenance organization in health, safety and environmental quality
- Maintain equipment to ensure proper function and reliability
- Assist in developing continuous improvement plans
- Develop short term maintenance plans
- Ensure safety and environmental guidelines are met and coached to hourly employees
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience required
- Mechanical/electrical and supervisory experience within a heavy industrial environment required
- Must have strong mechanical/electrical aptitude and troubleshooting abilities
- Strong leadership, negotiation, interpersonal, and communications skills
- Must have good computer skills (MS Office Suite)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status. The following links provide information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: URL blocked - click to apply & URL blocked - click to apply. We are a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment testing as a condition of employment.
Use Hand Tool