To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Los Angeles, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Billing Supervisor - West Hills, CA
UnitedHealth Group • Los Angeles, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Healthcare - Health Services
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
We'll put you in the driver's seat on vital projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people lead healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. We need your organizational talents and business discipline to help fuel ours. It's the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
This role will involve supervising remote employees performing automation tasks and researching account receivables. The ideal candidate is able to manipulate, analyze, and interpret data using Access, Excel, SQL and VBA and be able to provide answers to business questions and billing issues found through analyzing data.
- Manipulate, analyze, and interpret large amounts of data using Access, Excel, SQL and VBA
- Automate processes and reports
- Recognize inefficiencies in processes (operational or technical)
- Design solutions to address billing issues
- Pull Ad hoc reports from various billing systems
- Perform Data validation of data to ensure accuracy and quality
- Data mining for advanced analysis of data presented in reports for management
- Analyze insurance medical billing denials to identify trends
- Recommend solutions to decrease Bad Debt and increase cash for receivables from laboratory tests
- Assist Billing department in the resolution of billing issues
- Provide feedback to Senior Management regarding contractual issues impacting Revenue Services
- Collaborate with other business units and departments on analysis projects
- Bachelor Degree (or higher)
- Managerial experience with direct reports (responsibilities to include conducting reviews, time keeping, etc)
- 1+ year of work experience in Healthcare or Revenue Cycle Management / Billing / Accounts Receivable
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills (create, filter, sort, and analyze column data in spreadsheets)
- Ability to work Monday - Friday 8 hours 7:00 am to 3:30 pm plus a 3 hour shift on a weekend every 6 weekends
- Must be located within a reasonable commute (25 mile radius) and able to work in the West Hills office located at 8403 Fallbrook Ave, West Hills, CA 91304
- 1+ year of business analysis experience
- Previous experience implementing cross - functional initiatives
- Advanced in Microsoft Excel skills (such as v - look ups, pivot tables, filtering, sorting and analyzing data on reports)
- Advanced in Microsoft Access skills (create and utilize desktop database) skills
- Experience with Insurance Health Plans or HMOs
- Ability to work to consistent high standard under pressure
- Ability to work under fast paced environment and adapt to ever changing priorities
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail required
- Demonstrate problem - solving and strong analytical skills
- Able to multitask on multiple small to complex projects / tasks and meet deadlines
- Willingness to undertake additional responsibilities as required
- Self - motivated, able to work in a team and demonstrates the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate complex issues to all levels of management
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Analyst, Analysis, Analytical, Accounting, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, VBA, Visual Basic for Applications, programming, Billing, Revenue Services, Data, Excel, Access, SQL, vlookup, Revenue, Business, Greenbelt, Green belt, Automation, Process Improvement, Healthcare, HMO, IPA, Insurance, Project Management
Job ID: 2551_812924