Kforce is one of the premier leaders in the staffing industry, where Great People = Great ResultsSM. For over 50 years we’ve thrived on building relationships and making a positive impact in the lives of those we touch. We believe in acting with integrity, doing the right thing and giving back to our communities.
A professional staffing services firm, Kforce stands for KnowledgeForce®, describing our highly skilled professionals. Our flexible and direct hire staffing specialists engage over 23,000 highly skilled Technology and Finance & Accounting professionals annually, connecting them with more than 4,000 customers. Our national network of 60 offices, two national recruiting centers, and 2,000+ associates support our ability to meet the needs of customers of all sizes, including 70% of the Fortune 100.
Join the Kforce family and we will support you with expert training, innovative tools, an amazing culture, and a team of Great People that will cheer you on your road to success!
Under minimal supervision, provide security leadership and guidance in the area of Information Security. The position will be responsible for maintaining and improving key elements of the Enterprise Security Program, which includes but is not limited to supporting the enterprise-wide information security strategy through the implementation of security tools, processes, and procedures as well as operating existing tools and controls.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the design, test, implemention and support of information security technologies in production and non-production environments. Provide security direction in complex environments.
- Work with other Security associates within the Firm to ensure ongoing maturity of Enterprise Security.
- Solicit detailed security requirements within the project process.
- Develop security controls as needed within security technologies and technology or business projects.
- Identify potential risks to data and systems. Provide direction on mitigation of these risks to acceptable levels.
- Interpret control requirements and ensure appropriate development and implementation of control activities.
- Provide security impact and expertise for information systems and business area projects.
- Develop, update and maintain Enterprise Security program documentation.
- Lead internal and third-party risk assessments.
- Serve as security advisor to the Project Leader. Assist Project Leader to ensure appropriate security documents are identified and created and that all appropriate security deliverables are identified.
- Lead implementation planning activities including security analysis and assessment.
- Perform advanced problem determination and timely resolution as well as make the decisions necessary to recover business systems in the event of an outage.
- Support proactive security monitoring of systems to ensure minimal system downtime and failure.
- Define recovery procedures to support recovery efforts.
- Define system configuration settings required for system hardening and security.
- Plan and provide leadership on various engineering efforts. May provide project Lead responsibilities on smaller operational projects.
- Mentor and provide direction to Enterprise Security team members.
KEY SUCCESS INDICATORS/ATTRIBUTES:
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, technical, organizational skills and verbal & written communication skills.
- Ability to quickly grasp and share knowledge on new technologies, security risks, and industry trends.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Understand and can effectively work with assigned hardware & software.
- Ability to be a trusted advisor when interacting with internal and external customers.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to self-motivate and self-direct.
- Expert computer skills including Windows and *nix systems.
- Commitment and adherence to Firm’s Core Values.
- KTS Leadership – share and seek information, build consensus, support, convey findings, provide service.
- Corporate partners – share and seek information, build consensus, partner, provide service.
- MSS – interact with managed security service provider to response and process improvement.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Business with 7+ years serving within a security analyst or engineering discipline or equivalent combination of education, certification, and experience with two or more of the following: firewalls, IDS/IPS, data loss prevention, technical vulnerability management, wireless security, network access control, application security testing, and penetration testing.
- Stong understanding of multiple information technology disciplines including networking, operating systems, application development, and access controls.
- Understanding of information security and risk management frameworks such as COBIT and ISO 2700X.
- Security and risk assessments and documentation.
CERTIFICATES AND/OR LICENSES:
- One or more of the following IT Security certifications required: CISSP, GIAC, OSCP, CISM, or equivalent. Other technical certifications (CCIP, CCNP, CCNA, CCIE, MCSE etc.) are a plus.
- Ability to travel as needed (Up to 10%).
Kforce is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
Intrusion Detection And Prevention
Public Key Infrastructure