To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1020 Southeast Blue Parkway
800 NW Chipman Rd
Lee's Summit, MO 64063
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Analyst, Medical Recs & Coding - Lees Summit, MO req25665
Quest Diagnostics • Lee's Summit, MO
Posted 3 days ago
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
Review and summarize medical records/attending physician statements for life insurance clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs summaries of medical records/attending physician statements
• Provide excellent customer service by responding to written or telephone inquiries from leadership or other internal employees
• Translation/summarizes records in a timely and accurate manner
• Employee will log into the internal workflow tools to process a summary of medical records
• Check the order date to meet any service level agreements/time service
• Identification of the medical records
• Randomly skim the records for quality (legible)
• Perform an abstract of the medical records
o Recognize major conditions and their current status
o Recognize date/year range of the medical records
• Document the records to summarize according the client specifications
• Review summary for completeness and accuracy (spell check and/or typos
Supervision Exercised: This position currently has no supervisory responsibilities.
• High School Diploma
• Three years of related work in medical coding
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Good working knowledge of customer service and medical terminology
• Organizational skills
• Proficient with ExamOne proprietary systems.
• Live the Quest Values: Quality, Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, Collaboration and Leadership
Physical and Mental Requirements:
• Ability to lift 25 lbs.
• Ability to sit, squat, reach, bend
• Ability to operate telephone, cell phone, fax, scanner, computer
• Mental and physical capacity to work 8+ hour days
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patients come first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers’ trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way.
We have a large recognized brand; we offer flexibility and autonomy, great support, pay and benefits and a comprehensive training and onboarding program.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.