Wholesale Underwriter - Remote
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Brett Tolmie
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button and sending us your resume.A bit about us:
Our client is a very well-established and one of the oldest and locally owned banks in the Bay Area. They were founded over 50 years ago and they offer a wide range of services including personal and business banking, SBA, construction, multifamily, lines of credit and commercial loans. They also handle trust services, estate planning, retirement planning and wealth management.
With over 20 branches and 800+ employees, they continue to grow their business. Aside from generous compensation and benefits packages, they also offer tremendous stability and growth potential.
Currently they are looking for a Wholesale Underwriter who will be responsible for reviewing, conditioning, analyzing and issuing decisions on mortgage loans originated from the Wholesale Channel. The Underwriter determines and assesses borrower’s creditworthiness and risk with sound analytics supported by file documentation.Why join us?
- Various Recognition Programs including Monetary Spot Bonuses
- Up to $5000 Tuition Reimbursement for continued education
- 10 Paid Bank Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- An ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) = Retirement Money
- 401K Plan with an employer match
- Navigating and updating the information in the Lending Operating System
- Facilitating customer-centric behaviors and a superior customer experience for both internal and external customers
- Keeping apprised of changes in Investor, Regulatory and Bank guidelines; integrating changes into daily processes
- Demonstrating time management skills for pipeline management and reviewing loan files within established service level agreements
- Meeting or exceeding daily production quotas
- Verifying accuracy and completeness of loan files
- Work with various departments to address, resolve, and improve file quality
- Ordering the appropriate services (i.e. appraisal, flood) for the loan file per Bank policy
- Conditioning for documentation on loan files; review received documentation, and sign off conditions when appropriate documentation is received
- Reviewing, understanding and analyzing file documentation including Flood Certifications, credit reports, hazard insurance declarations, the Loan application (1003), purchase contract, and preliminary title reports
- Reviewing and thoroughly analyzing appraisal reports including Single Family Residence, Multi family residence, Condominium, and PUDs Identifying Red Flags/Fraud Detection, mitigating risk
- Underwriting Condo Projects and issue necessary warranty
- Ability to anticipate potential issues and develop solutions
- Analyzing and calculating income based on documentation provided. Income types include but are not limited to self-employed, rental, salaried, bonus, overtime, commission, social security income, Pension income, IRA income
- Reviewing all types of asset statements for complete and accurate data, and adherence to investor and Bank guidelines
- Demonstrate proficiency in automated underwriting applications DU and LP.
- Understanding and applying Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac guidelines
- Responding to e-mails and phone calls from internal and external customers within established service level agreements
- Review QC findings and trends.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and take necessary steps
- Be available to Production staff for interpretations and questions in general or for specific loan
- 3+ years’ underwriting in a residential mortgage environment
- Working knowledge with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac guidelines
- Demonstrated knowledge of Agency guidelines and regulatory updates
- Must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau loan originator qualification requirements
- High School diploma or GED required; some college preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently in a fast paced environment
- Ability to handle competing priorities effectively and within established timeframes
- Excellent interpersonal skills and positive attitude
- Knowledgeable in automated underwriting systems is preferred but not required
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button.
Attention To Detail