To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dayton, NJ
- BWAY Corp
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
BWay Corp • Dayton, NJ
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
BWAY is one of the largest manufacturers of rigid metal and plastic containers in North America. Our diverse products and broad geographic reach have made us a market leader in the general line packaging industry. BWAY offers comprehensive packaging for a wide variety of applications. BWAY is an Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities/females/vets/disability.
Position Summary: The Human Resources Manager acts as a strategic business partner and leader in developing and applying human resources best practices in accordance with BWAY principles to support business needs and organizational development within a manufacturing environment. Ensures the company attracts, retains, develops and motivates the workforce to effectively meet the strategic business objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides coaching, leadership and support to managers and employees regarding Human Resources policies, procedures, programs, questions and concerns.
• Actively participates and leads plant safety program. Leads DuPont STOP program and responsible for managing all safety related documentation including accident reporting and OSHA documentation/record-keeping.
• Leads and assists in managing all employment practices which include recruitment, orientation, professional development of employees, promotions, transfers, terminations and temporary agency utilization.
• Recruits all salaried exempt/non-exempt, hourly, part-time and agency employees.
• Ensures employee on-boarding and orientation is effective. Follows-up as necessary.
• Administers various human resource policies for site including the administration of attendance and disciplinary policies ensuring consistency within location.
• Manages performance review process and ensures employee training is inclusive of any competency development plans.
• Administers all employee benefit and payroll programs and coordinating with corporate as necessary; works with payroll if needed to answer employees’ questions about checks.
• Participates in employee disciplinary and/or counseling issues with supervision as necessary; reviews any disciplinary documentation as it may apply.
• Acts as employee liaison with regard to employee relations concerns and handles human resources legal issues as required.
• Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducts investigations; maintains records; represents the organization at hearings.
• Utilizes excellent communication and interpersonal skills; successfully establishes and maintains professional relationships and works effectively with all levels of management and employees.
• Administers and manages union contracts if applicable. Works with Business Agent as necessary, responds to grievances and participates in contract negotiations.
• Maintains positive employee relations in general; in non-union environments focuses on maintaining union-free status.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource related field, M.S. degree is a plus
• Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
• PHR/SPHR certification
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in partnering with business leaders in a fast-paced changing operations environment
• Knowledge of HR labor and employment law, and the ability to interpret, apply and articulate this knowledge in support of business initiatives
• Demonstrated ability to present, influence, negotiate and effectively coach managers and supervisors to use the company best practices
• Strong oral, written and presentation communication skills
• Ability to express opinions in a professional manner, strong conflict resolution skills
• Good organizational, planning and follow up skills
• Prior experience in union environments.
• Attention to Communication
• Managing Change
• Personal Credibility
• Fostering Teamwork
• Strategic Thinking