Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
The Associate Director of Business Development will be responsible for implementation of the Go to Market strategy of key innovation initiatives that directly enable Optum Financials’ growth strategy. This role will work across Optum Financial teams to support development and execution of this strategy.
Developing and maintaining relationships across the enterprise and with external entities is key to our success. Primary responsibilities include development and implementation of Go to Market plans, creating and documenting scalable processes, analyzing data to identify trends, identifying opportunities for improvement, and sales/provider engagement support.
If you are located in Eden Prairie, MN, or San Francisco, CA, you will have the flexibility to work remotely 1-2 days a week*, as well as work in the office. If you are not located in these areas, you will have the flexibility to work remotely from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Support development and updates of Go to Market strategy for Provider Working Capital and associated products
- Ensure key GTM milestones are met and proactively work with program management team to resolve issues and remove roadblocks
- Conduct analysis to identify actionable trends
- Support new lead generation efforts with Sales and Marketing teams, as needed
- Generate and monitor Go to Market metrics and reports to assure desired outcomes are achieved in support of IOI goals
- Develop and implement Go to Market business and sales processes across internal and external partners
- Work collaboratively with other leaders while enabling the ability to leverage enterprise assets
- Manage updates and presentations to executive leadership on GTM plans and expected results
- Research and resolve complex inquiries/issues requiring expert job knowledge and comprehensive understanding of downstream impacts
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BA/BS degree in Business or related field
- 7+ years sales or business development experience
- 3+ years of experience working with large data sets and making data-driven analytical decisions
- 2+ years of experience in the healthcare industry
- Salesforce or CRM experience
- Demonstrated track record of increasing growth and strategy
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Ability to travel 1-2 times per month for project work if based outside of MN
- Provider financing experience, especially at a startup
- Experience handling multiple, complex and competing priorities and projects
- Experience developing and deploying Salesforce
- Solid strategic thinking and business acumen with the ability to align people related strategies and recommendations with business objectives
- Adaptable and flexible style of collaborating with key stakeholders in setting direction
- Proven ability to quickly gain credibility, influence and partner with business leaders and technology community. High integrity with a reputation of a trusted confidential advisor and partner
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington residents is $101,200 to $184,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.