To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Des Moines, IA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Apex Systems • Des Moines, IA
Posted 1 month ago
Apex Systems is seeking a Data Architect to work with a leader in the Life Insurance and Annuities field in Des Moines, Iowa or the Baltimore Metro Area.
For immediate consideration, please email updated resume to email@example.com.
Essential duties include the following:
- Hands on technical lead in the development of logical/physical models for relational and dimensional schema to enable data driven business decision making
- Integrate disparate data into logical business data models, normalize data normalization for reporting and decision making
- Assist in Master Data Management guidelines, procedures and definitions for business data domains
- Design data structures and design highly available, highly scalable data services
- Design develop, and implement Business Data Domain models, information architecture in Life Insurance and Annuities business
- Ensure high data quality and limit risk of business process interruptions, while improving process and system effectiveness.
- Lead the data architecture for the decision support systems including rules, policies, standards and models that govern and define the type of data collected and how it is used, stored, managed and integrated and its database systems.
- Delivering enterprise Business Intelligence, data warehousing, and information delivery solutions.
- Contribute to Business Intelligence (BI) Architecture efforts to establish appropriate information delivery solutions for disparate functional areas and user communities.
- Use a variety of information gathering techniques (e.g., interviews, facilitation, diagrams) to gather complex business data requirements from Business teams
- Coordinate data models, data dictionaries, and other database documentation across multiple applications
- Leads design reviews of data deliverable such as models, data flows, and data quality assessments
- Perform data analysis, discovery, profiling and identify cause of data issues and work with broader team to resolve
- Lead the development of present and future state data models and assist in meeting data strategy objectives and roadmap
- Lead Proof-of-Concepts as needed
- Perform analysis, design, development, and testing activities in support of enterprise reporting, Business Intelligence, and data analytics solutions across a wide range of business and operational functional areas
- Assist with the design, development, and deployment of next generation data warehouse and tools to support long term information delivery and data visualization needs.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Data Modeling, strong knowledge and understanding of dimensional modeling, star schema, snowflake schema and cube design.
- 8+ years of experience with Reporting, Business Intelligence, Data Management, and Data Analytics using market-leading tools, including standard and ad-hoc reporting, dashboards and visualization tools.
- Strong Data Design and Analysis skills Strong data modeling skills (normalized and multidimensional) Expert level Data Warehouse Architecture and Design skills Up to date knowledge of the data warehouse market, vendors, tools and standards bodies Strong technical skills with all data warehousing technologies (e.g., ETL, ODS, DBMS, BI)
- Knowledge and experience with Business Intelligence / Data Warehousing implementation methodologies and architectures.
- Experience designing and developing reporting, information delivery solutions, data visualization, and dashboards in an enterprise data warehousing environment.
- Experience designing and building extract, transformation, and load (ETL) processes to convert operational transactional data into dimensions and fact tables
- Extensive experience with SQL Server
- Experience working collaboratively with business users and senior-level management users to determine information needs and effective delivery methods.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills, and the ability to balance multiple tasks with high attention to details
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including experience writing procedures for a complex IT/engineering/technical environment, documenting complex technical solutions, and delivering technical presentations to diverse audiences
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new processes and technologies
- Superior teamwork and interpersonal skills and the ability to work both in a team environment and independently
- Knowledge of Relational Databases 7 years – SQL server, Cloud databases are preferred
- Knowledge of Dimensional Databases 7 years
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or above 5 years
- Data modelling using Erwin 3 years
- Direct experience with Data Dictionaries and Business Glossaries
- Experience with Informatica
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178