Job Title: Assembly / Maintenance Technician Location: Houston, TX 77055Pay: $17.00-$24.00/hr Contract-to-hire
We are looking to hire several Assembly Mechanics for a leading manufacturer of Drum Filling, Conveying and Palletizing Systems.
In this role you will be responsible for the assembly and maintenance of mechanical devices; pneumatic equipment, conveyors, motors and additional equipment based on mechanical drawings.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings, assemble mechanical devices; pneumatic pushers, pivot conveyors, lid presses, drive chains, sprockets, motors and guards.
- Ability to read and understand hydraulic and pneumatic schematic diagrams.
- Ability to have a good understanding of pneumatic and hydraulic devices; solenoid valves, manual valves, pilot operated valves, flow dividers, pressure switches, cylinders, rodless cylinders, filters regulators and lubricators.
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematic diagram, have a basic understanding of
DC, AC, single phase and three phase electricity. Ability to map out and install conduit.
- Pull and terminate wires.
- Ability to understand basic electrical devices; limit switches, photo eyes, proximity
- Ability to operate machine tools; lathe, mills, drill press and broach press.
- Ability to perform basic machine tool operations, key shafts, bore and turn rounds, drill and tap holes
- Ability to perform minor fabrication, fit, tack and weld preferred.
- Ability to load and unload delivery trucks, crate and package product to be shipped.
All applicants must meet this additonal requirements below:
- Own a full set of hand tools necessary to complete all phases of work, See SECC tool list for assemblers.
- The ability to operate tools required to perform duties. Hand tools, portable power tools, drills, saws, grinders impact wrenches, portable band saw, drill press, lathe, broach press, mill, welding machines, cutting torch, stationary band saw.
- Must be reliable, accountable and possess a Texas driver's license.
- Ability to pass required drug screen and physical
- Able to work in the field or in the shop.
This is an immediate need, apply now to be considered.