Turn on the news on any night of the week and you're likely to hear about the changes that are sweeping through our health care system. It's dramatic. It's challenging. And addressing the challenges is being led by companies like UnitedHealth Group. Now, you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our members.
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You'll interact with customers continuously by phone and in writing. Within a high volume setting, you'll need to develop knowledge of our various products and multiple levels of benefits within each product in order to best assist our providers/customers.
You'll handle 50-70 calls per shift, always remembering to bring compassion and a sense of engagement to enhance the customer experience.
This position is full-time, Monday - Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 8:00am – 4:30pm MST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends. Our office is located at 12921 South Vista Station Blvd Draper UT 84020.
- Ensure quality customer service for internal and external customers with focus on needs identification, problem solving and partnering with billing and eligibility specialists
- Monitor delegated customer service issues to ensure timely and accurate resolution
- Use appropriate communication techniques when responding to customers, particularly in stressful situations
- Inform and educate new customers regarding billing/invoicing set up and billing/payment procedures
- Place outgoing phone calls to complete follow-up on customer service requests as necessary
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 3+ years of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems OR 3+ years of experience in an office setting environment using the telephone and computer as the primary instruments to perform job duties
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Ability to work an 8 hour shift between 8:00am – 4:30pm MST including the flexibility to work occasional overtime per business need
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to multi-task including ability to understand multiple products and multiple levels of benefits within each product
- Demonstrated ability in customer service problem resolution and relationship building
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Lead Customer Service Representative - Draper, UT
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Lead Customer Service Representative - Draper, UT
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.