To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Worcester, MA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Bob's Discount Furniture • Worcester, MA
Posted 2 days ago
Showroom Managers are professionals within the Bob’s Discount Furniture organization and play a vital role by insuring that the stores perform to expectations and in a manner that is consistent with the Company’s core values and vision. Showroom Managers promote Company policy and procedures by leading by example and exhibit a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
The primary function of a Showroom Manager is to oversee the store location backend operations and to directly manage and motivate a team, to plan, direct and coordinate back end operations and logistics to meet or exceed operational goals in accordance with established Company guidelines. The Showroom Manager works as a liaison for Store Operations and regularly communicates with various corporate departments.
The Showroom Manager maintains a significant visible presence on the Sales Floor to drive engagement and sales; to assist with customer experience opportunities timely and effectively while promoting and exhibiting The Bob’s Way. The Showroom Manager is responsible for the success and development of Sales Associates and in achieving location goals. The Showroom Manager is a vital member to the location Team and serves in the role of the Manager on Duty (MOD), and as a result, at times; is responsible for overall management of location.
The Showroom Manager is responsible for confirming the integrity of location inventory, including appropriate tracking, take with’s and inventory accounting processes’ and validates merchandise is tagged and staged to achieve optimum sales levels at all times. The Showroom Manager enforces safety, and all other policies and procedures and takes immediate action to report and correct violations. The Showroom Manager is responsible for the continuous maintenance of the facility, as well as, validates the Showroom is customer ready at all times.
The Showroom Manager will recruit, hire and train direct report associates, developing and maintaining a TEAM focused on delivering The Bob’s Way to customers; while ensuring departments are staffed and scheduled at all times to meet business needs and Company objectives. The Showroom Manager conducts regular department meetings to review progress and keep associates abreast of Company initiatives.
The Showroom Manager will complete annual reviews in a timely manner and continually assesses the performance of associates and support staff working to promote productivity and efficiency. The Showroom Manager will partner with Store and Human Resource Management to evaluate, recommend and execute appropriate employee discipline and is responsible for all new associate orientations in accordance with established Company guidelines.
"No phony sales, no phony gimmicks, just everyday low prices and value!
We call it the Bob’s Way because no one does it better!" - Bob Kaufman Founder and President Emeritus
At Bob’s we understand there are many companies you can choose to work for, so, along with exceptional opportunities for career growth we offer a fun and team oriented work environment and great benefits!
The Benefits and Perks
- Feeling under the weather, we’ve got you covered! We offer National Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life insurance – Employer paid basic Life Insurance, with the option to add Voluntary Life Insurance as well!
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan – Generous Company match!
- Paid Personal/Sick Days
- Paid Vacation, Sick Days, Holidays and your Birthday! After all, your birthday should be a holiday
- Employee Assistance Program
- Our prices are already low, but why not more! Generous Employee Discount
- The flexibility of working a Retail Schedule (weekends, evenings & holidays)
- Need a pay advance? Take advantage of Bob’s Bail Out Program
- Have an unexpected extraordinary expense? Take advantage of Bob’s Helping Hand Program. Bob’s cares and is here to help.
- And much more!
Many of our benefits are paid wholly or in part by Bob’s Discount Furniture and are available to eligible employees.
- Develop and Manage a TEAM that is aligned with the Company’s values and vision
- Drive Sales and Engagement according to the Bob’s Way
- Analyze reports to maximize back end operations and location logistics efficiency and productivity
- Maintain Showroom Readiness
- Responsible for inventory cycle counts, insures that they are executed in a timely and accurate manor throughout the year
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven ability to use sound judgment and decision making
- Proven ability to analyze complex problems and recognize root cause
- Proven ability to set clear goals and expectations
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and utilize communication tools appropriately
- Proven ability to exceed customer satisfaction
- Proven ability to manage and improve process
- Proven ability to manage and to develop talent
- Proven ability to motivate self and others
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to use critical thinking
- Excellent identification of key causes
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Sales experience
- Proven successful back end or logistics experience
- 2-5 years Managerial experience preferable in a retail and/or warehouse environment to perform day to day back-end operations according to established Company guidelines
Bob’s Discount Furniture is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to reasonably accommodating qualified persons with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential duties of their position.