Ritter Communications has been at the forefront of the local communications industry for more than a century. We began providing telephone service in Northeast Arkansas in 1906. Today, Ritter Communications serves 92 communities and more than 45,000 customers across Arkansas, northeast Texas, southeast Missouri, and west Tennessee. The company has grown steadily over the years, expanding rapidly and is now the largest privately-held regional broadband fiber, telecom, video and cloud services provider in the Mid-South. Ritter invests heavily in the communities it serves by deploying proven, best-in-class infrastructure and technology, while coupling it with a world-class customer focused experience.
We are looking for an experienced Business Sales Representative to join our team!
The Business Sales Representative is responsible for the sale of company products and services to current and potential customers throughout service markets. This role provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and revenue growth in line with company vision and values by visiting prospective customers in person and calling via phone. The Business Sales Representative develops long-term relationships, becomes the trusted advisor to the customer, generates leads, creates sales and proposes complete solutions for prospects.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for direct business solution sales for Ritter Communications;
- Generates leads, creates sales presentations and proposals, completes contracts and closes the sale, sets proper expectations to ensure delivery of services;
- Establishes and maintains relationships with top-tier business executives and community leaders;
- Represents Ritter Communications in various community committees and functions;
- Utilizes Sales Representative and Marketing & Sales Coordinator to identify business opportunities with both the established client base and with potential customers;
- Prepares a variety of reports outlining sales leads and prospects and all closed business sales;
- Analyzes and measures business trends; develops and implements plans to maximize sales and meet or exceed goals and objectives;
- Focuses on providing viable solutions to all customers;
- Provides input for market research and advertising activities to identify targeted customers; identifies the appropriate media for distribution of promotional information.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of telecommunications industry, operations, technology, and equipment;
- Knowledge of business sales principles and practices;
- Knowledge of telecom industry trends and practices
- Skilled in Microsoft office, salesforce/CRM, Adobe, application based programs;
- Skill in oral and written communication;
- Ability to communicate with customers, employees, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner;
- Ability to demonstrate skills in leadership;
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments;
- Ability to work independently paying close attention to detail with self-supervision;
- Concise decision and solution solving abilities;
- Ability to travel as required; valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field and 3+ years of relevant work experience; or equivalent combination of education and telecom experience preferred.
Ritter Communications is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We strive to maintain a drug-free workplace.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including health, dental, vision, cancer, accident and life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, flexible spending accounts, free gym membership, company discounts, tuition reimbursement, paid training, paid leave, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
- Attention To Detail
- Customer Relationship Management
- Market Research