The Graphic Designer is responsible for managing design projects from concept to delivery. The ideal candidate will be equally skilled in print and digital design and have a solid understanding of video production. The responsibilities of this position include managing all graphic design tasks, developing creative briefs, consistently generating creative ideas and ensuring all materials adhere to the Apple Bank brand while finding ways to evolve it. Extensive knowledge of graphic design, styles and techniques and experience implementing marketing campaigns are required.
Areas of primary responsibility include digital (including web design, banner digital advertising, social media, email marketing) and print advertising, branch merchandising, branch signage, marketing and promotional collateral (posters, flyers), direct mail, and out-of- home advertising. Additionally, this role will contribute to sponsorship advertising, digital signage, event exhibits and internal presentations. Experience with photography, illustration, iconography, digital media, motion graphics/animation, and video production is required.
The individual in this position must be highly skilled in understanding, visualizing and marrying the Bank’s brand and value proposition through compelling and memorable designs that highlight Apple Bank’s points of differentiation and target varied audiences/personas across all channels. The ideal candidate will have design experience in an advertising agency, an organization with retail outlets (“stores”), or a combination, with a strong portfolio that demonstrates visually appealing and targeted graphics that connect with audiences while achieving brand consistency. Experience in financial services, or an understanding of financial products and services, is preferred but not required. The individual must be experienced in working with outside agencies and vendors and numerous other internal and external resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with Marketing Content Manager and other team members to define requirements and conceptualize visuals based on marketing strategy, channel, product, service, and customer experience and target audience.
- Prepare rough drafts and present ideas for review, following brand standards and using the appropriate logos, colors, fonts and layouts for each graphic.
- Create images, illustrations, photos and layouts for review and approval using design software, and amend designs after receiving feedback.
- Test graphics across multimedia and channels and ensure final graphics are visually appealing, targeted and on brand.
- Create in-branch merchandising plans/diagrams for branches, create the graphic design for posters, flyers, buckslips and ancillary signage, and fulfill branch requests for customized materials, working with the Marketing Brand and Marketing Content Managers.
- Create design for in-branch digital screens, working with the selected vendor and team members.
- Create print, digital and out-of-home ads that successfully promote the Apple Bank brand, product or service to inspire target audiences to do business with the Bank.
- Work closely with the Digital Marketing team and outside agency to create compelling graphics for the public websites, email marketing templates, social media channels and other digital outlets.
- Create graphic designs for branch exhibits at key community events.
- Create PowerPoint presentations and provide other assistance as requested.
- Create website assets and wireframes in conjunction with the Digital Marketing team as needed to update and improve the Bank’s marketing website.
- Utilize highly creative and differentiated visuals across channels while achieving brand consistency.
- Create short videos internally or work with outside resources to produce videos for the Bank’s website, social media and other digital outlets.
- Work with the Director of Marketing and Brand Marketing Manager to produce a Brand Standards Manual for reference and use, bank-wide.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills, Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in either design, fine arts or related field.
- 2-4 years of proven graphic design experience with a marketing or advertising agency, an organization with retail stores, a corporate setting or a combination of these; experience with a financial services firm is preferred but not required.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates outstanding design in multiple mediums.
- Mastery of design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, AfterEffects and PremierePro).
- Demonstrated experience with web design.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated keen eye for aesthetics and details.
- Creative flair with the ability to marry the design to copy.
- Excellent communication and project management skills.
- Ability to work methodically, multi-task and meet ongoing deadlines.
- Experience with photography, illustration, iconography, digital media, motion graphics/animation, and video production is a plus.
- Ability to work successfully with a team, accept constructive feedback and amend designs as needed.
- Willingness to learn new programs as needed.
Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental, Vision, 401k and Tuition Reimbursement to full time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.