$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS for New Employees PruittHealth is a COVID-19 vaccine-mandated employer. All new Partners are required to provide proof of COVID vaccination or be willing to get vaccinated within 30 days of employment. We will consider medical and/or religious exemptions on a case-by-case basis. JOB PURPOSE:
Assumes delegated responsibility and accountability for the provision of resident care according to professional standards of nursing practice in compliance with state and federal laws and regulations. Implements nursing policies and procedures that reflect center mission and philosophy. Conducts education, infection control, quality assurance and admission screening functions as assigned. Utilizes resources in an efficient and economic manner to ensure that each resident achieves the highest practicable physical, mental and psycho social well-being. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
QualificationsMINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Develop and Maintain a Team Approached environment. Check twenty four hour physician orders to ensure all documentation is complete and families have been notified.
- Observes pain on admissions and at least quarterly ( schedule observations with the ARD date)
- “Falls” observations to be completed on admissions and at least quarterly (schedule observations with ARD date)
- Restraint observations and restraints reduction documented as needed per resident. (schedule observations with ARD)
- Assure water pitcher sanitation rotation is completed per dietary department schedule. Train staff and monitor wheelchair, Geri-chair, merry walker, etc. for proper storage when not in use.
- Train staff and monitor location of linen/trash barrels (must be moved q 10-15 minutes) when on the halls. Ensure proper storage when not in use.
- Train and monitor proper request for supplies.
- Train staff regarding the use of supplies for the resident the supplies where charged to. Check rooms for resident’s names on the supplies when making rounds.
- Direct and monitor patient care, monitor residents, and resident’s rooms for cleanliness and tidiness.
- Ensure chemical and unsafe items are removed from the resident’s rooms.
- Ensure all liquids are labeled and dated when opened. (Exg. Insulin, saline, etc.) Check for expiration dates and discard as appropriate.
- Train staff and monitor medication carts to ensure they remain locked when out of the medication room and unattended.
- Assist the infection control nurse to maintain an infection free environment (check that urine graduates are labeled, rinsed and turned upside down on a paper towel on the back of the toilet) hats and urinals are properly rinsed after use.
- Assist restorative nursing in maintaining an ongoing bowel and bladder program (random checks to ensure all residents are being toileted as able and all residents remain clean and dry).
- Select model C.N.A’s for bowel and bladder committee (2 per unit) and ensure a committee meeting with Restorative staff Q two weeks.
- Maintain and control staff schedules and assignments. Keep Director of Health Services (DHS), Staff Development, and Human Resources informed of any and all vacancies.
- Coordinate daily with the DHS to provide communication and stability to each wing. Attend and contribute to care plan meetings when the care plan meeting involves a resident from the Unit Managers Wing.
- Random checks of medication room refrigerators, emergency box, etc. for expiration dates.
- Ensure that employees do not have food in the medication room refrigerator, or the nourishment room refrigerator.
- Assist Infection Control in checking the nourishment room refrigerator to ensure all items are dated and/or dates as appropriate. Discard all unlabeled food items and/or expired food items.
- Keep DHS informed of any controlled drugs to be ordered. Attend the morning meetings and contribute information as need to the team.
- And any other duties as may deem appropriate.
- Implements employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale.
- Keeps supervisor informed of daily activities, and issues. Proposes solutions to all issues.
- Must get along with co-workers; maintain effective relationships with management staff, employees and the general public. Must have timely, regular attendance.
- Follows all company policies and procedures, states and federal laws and regulations and charged with reporting violations to the appropriate supervisor.
- Carries out all duties with a “Commitment to Caring” and in accordance with the company’s mission, vision, and philosophy.
- Maintains confidentiality of company information. Demonstrates honesty and integrity at all times.
- Able to respond to change productively and handle additional projects as assigned.
- Able to carry out the duties and responsibilities of this job (with or without reasonable accommodation) without posing specific or current risk of substantial harm to the health and safety of self and others.
- Supervises Certified Nurse Assistants.
Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university, or is a graduate of an accredited/approved LPN program. MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
A minimum of two (2) years previous bed side nursing experience. MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Current and unrestricted Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) licensure in state of practice. ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)
Previous nursing experience in a long term care facility preferred. Previous supervisory experience preferred.
email [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to LPN - Unit Manager (Augusta Hills) $5,000 Sign OnJob:
1st ShiftJob Posting:
Sep 16, 2021, 7:24:49 PM
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Industrial Relations
- Emergency Handling