To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Anderson, SC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Transportation Supervisor (Sandy Springs)
Benore Logistic Systems, Inc • Anderson, SC
Posted 12 days ago
Primary function of this position is to ensure proper execution of operations. The Transportation Supervisor will work under the direction of the Transportation Operations Manager to efficiently manage their assigned drivers. The position requires professional communications, computer and presentation skills. Position represents the company in a positive image with employees, customers and the community always performing in a safe and ethical manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Executes daily dispatch to include the planning, execution, monitoring and management of assigned loads, drivers, and equipment associated with the implementation of customer plans, routes, and schedules.
- Manages accountability of assigned drivers as it relates to DOT compliance, CTPAT, operations, equipment usage, company policies and the discipline of the same.
- Coordination of training for the drivers to ensure assigned drivers are properly trained in company policies and procedures.
- Administers the enforcement, review, reporting and compliance of Hours of Service (HOS) and driver logs in accordance with DOT Regulation and company policy.
- Responsible for monitoring KPI and Productivity goals for assigned drivers as established by the Transportation Operations Manager.
- Assists in the investigations of Incidents, Workplace Injuries, and Accidents of assigned drivers and coordinates with the Transportation Operations Manager and the Safety Department to ensure accident investigations are in compliance with State and Federal Regulations and Company policies and procedures.
- Ensures the efficient and proper management of company software/time systems for the submission of payroll for driver component and in the completion of payroll submission, payroll issues resolution and payroll distribution
- Responsible for reinforcing internal customer service and driver interaction.
- Responsible for monitoring and attaining KPI and Productivity goals as established by the Transportation Operations Manager and determined by company ownership for the assigned work group.
- Ensures all departments required forms and documents are completed in a timely basis. Reviews required paperwork/documents to ensure they are correct to maintain accurate payroll/billing.
- Administers driver attendance records and enforcement, and coordinates driver time off requests (Vacation/Sick/Bereavement) of assigned drivers with the Transportation Operations Manager or Designee.
- Responsible for the completion, execution and management of the Performance Review systems of assigned drivers in a timely, efficient and professional manner.
- Establishes effective relationships with customers and vendors.
- Effectively communicates schedule to drivers and establishes effective means of communication with drivers.
- Follows all workplace processes and standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Truck Drivers as assigned. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Assists in interviewing and hiring process for new employees.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor Degree in management, transportation or a related field is preferred or combination of Associates Degree and Experience. Three to five years experience in management and five years transportation is preferred. Experience in at least two of the following areas is required: dispatch, tractor fleet maintenance, CDL Driving, and/or transportation safety.