DSV - Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world's 5th largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers' entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Read more at [ Link removed ]
Location: USA > NJ > Port Reading > W Middlesex Ave
Job Posting Title: Operations Manager - 23843
The Operations Manager is responsible for directing the daily & weekly activities of the operation, including labor scheduling, supervision and proper space utilization, equipment and manpower. People management responsibilities include hiring and training, planning and assigning daily work, conducting performance appraisals, addressing performance issues and resolving problems. Under the direction General Manager, the Operations Manager is responsible for managing the receiving, warehousing and shipping of product in a manner consistent with company service and cost objectives.
As part of the DSV team, associates are expected to meet company objectives in the areas of performance, safety, and quality. Associates are expected to comply with all corporate and site-specific policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee operations and receiving/distribution functions
- Handle Customer Relations and employee development
- Implementation of safety, housekeeping, and security programs
- Inventory Accountability for products
- Administrative functions such as month-end documentation, oversee counseling and evaluations, and any other administrative duties required by the General Manager
- Ensure support for Quality Improvement and Safety Meetings
- Maintain Quality Compliance, ensure Metrics Compliance
- Develop a strategy for meeting cost targets
- Cover GM in their absence
- Implements and reports on-going cost savings measures. Provides ideas and suggestions for more efficient operations.
- Meets all client specified KPI’s, and complies with Quality system requirements.
DSV is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with DSV, please contact Human Resources at [ Email removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. DSV reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 60,000 employees in more than 90 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.
Read more at [ Link removed ]