To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Jose, CA
- American Residential Services LLC.
- Phone: 000-000-0000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
ARS/Rescue Rooter • San Jose, CA
Posted 2 months ago
The Senior Accountant will support financial operations by performing professional accounting services related to preparing, analyzing and maintaining financial statements, records and reports. Examines a variety of accounting documents to verify accuracy of computations and to ascertain that all transactions are properly supported, classified and recorded according to acceptable accounting standards. The role also has a strong emphasis on tax related issues at the City, State and Federal levels.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews and compares income statements for assigned regional offices and makes adjustments as appropriate.
- Reviews journal entries for assigned regional offices to ensure consistent and appropriate use of account numbers and re-classes miscoded entries as necessary.
- Evaluates, interprets and analyzes balance sheets for assigned regional offices to ensure accounts are valid and accurately stated.
- Reviews accounts receivable, accounts payable and inventory transactions to identify non- compliance of accounting policies and Company procedures.
- Reviews and enforces corporate accounting policies and procedures.
- Audits monthly financial packages for assigned regional offices to ensure information is accurately stated.
- Analyzes bank reconciliations for assigned regional offices and investigates to resolve discrepancies.
- Maintains fixed assets for assigned regional offices and analyzes reports to ensure information is accurately stated.
- Obtains and reviews reports and distributes to departmental personnel for review.
- Compiles data to prepare corporate journal entries and posts recurring entries.
- Completes and analyzes various corporate schedules and reconciles general ledger accounts.
- Performs month-end and fiscal year-end duties as required.
- Works with outside tax agency on sales and use tax, property tax and federal and state income taxes.
- Responsible for collecting and reporting unclaimed property by state.
- Coordinates with state auditors regarding sales and use tax audits and property tax audits.
- Assists in the development of annual budgets and/or budgets for specific proposals and projects.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related discipline is required.
- Related experience and/or advanced training or any equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- Four (4) years of related experience is desired.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) is required.
- CPA or MBA preferred.
- Experience and knowledge with sales and use tax, property tax, state and federal tax returns and unclaimed property.
We conduct pre-employment screening.
ARS-Rescue Rooter is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA/EOE/M/F/V/D. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, ARS-Rescue Rooter may provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.