Ultimate Staffing is seeking Patient Care Coordinators to work with a major specialty pharmacy in the Lake Mary area! This is a full-time, permanent opportunity with a rapidly growing national company that is an industry leader in mail order pharmacy.
This is a M-F, 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM position starting at $16/hour. Bilingual is a plus! This is a DIRECT HIRE opportunity, with benefits starting on day one
, including medical, dental, and vision, 15 PTO days, and 401K matching.
The Patient Care Coordinator will perform duties to respond to incoming pharmacy calls from patients, prescribers' offices, insurance companies, and manufacturers to resolve all concerns and assist with maintenance of monthly prescription refills. The ideal candidate will have excellent customer service skills and the ability to be empathetic to customers who are critically ill.
Specialty pharmacy experience is strongly preferred in this role. Candidates will ideally have 3-5 years' experience in a high-volume call center customer service role. Essential Functions:
* Respond to incoming calls from current patients and prescribers' offices, as primary representative, to process medication refills and schedule delivery to ensure continuity and maintenance of therapy while building trusted and enduring customer relationships that yield loyalty.
* Provide status updates to prescribers' offices and manufacturer offices, while alerting necessary areas of the pharmacy.
* Multitask answering inbound calls and running test claims to determine patient copay amounts.
* Utilize knowledge of the pharmacy processes and procedures to ensure that callers' needs are met, address questions and concerns and escalate issues involving complex clinical matters to clinical team as appropriate.
* Utilize personal effectiveness and effective listening to quickly assess caller's needs and use critical thinking skills to determine best resolution.
* May communicate financial obligations, copayments and past due balances to patients and process and safeguard credit card transactions.
* Contact patients to schedule delivery of medications in keeping with their requirements or to communicate refill denials and encourage follow up contact with their prescription provider. Access records in computer system to identify and follow up on failed attempts to contact patients and providers to schedule medication deliveries and re-attempt contact, maintaining attention to details and avoid delays or interruptions in therapy.
* Facilitate communication between internal team, patients and prescribers' offices to support patients' therapy compliance through transmittal of status updates, template letters, notifications of triage or transfer, and other similar actions designed to maintain effective and efficient response and superior service quality.
* Document case activity, communications and correspondence in computer system to ensure completeness and accuracy of patient contact records. Ensure that work activities are conducted in compliance with regulatory requirements and the organization's defined standards and procedures, and in a manner that provides the best level of service and quality.Qualifications:
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* Additional specialized training in general office routines and computer and software operation.
* Minimum 1 year experience of telephone high touch, high quality customer service experience involving computer skills. Prior experience in medical or specialty pharmacy setting preferred.
* Superior interpersonal effectiveness, telephone customer service and relationship building skills.
* Ability to utilize problem solving and critical thinking to quickly understand what caller is wanting to determine best resolution or person to handle.
* Ability to multitask during and between calls to review patient history, job aids, reference material, policies and procedures, as well as document patients' records.
* Ability to focus on the customer and adapt conversations and interpersonal skills to fit the communication style of the caller. The ability to communicate clearly, be understood, and have the caller feel you are an advocate for them, willing to go above and beyond for them.
* Excellent Microsoft Office software skills, including Excel and Outlook in Windows format with demonstrated adaptability to internal pharmacy systems.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Complex Problem Solving