Under general guidance of the Shared Services Manager, this Senor Accountant will primarily be responsible for the period end close process for various business units, and consolidation activities. This includes preparing and posting journal entries, reviewing and analyzing balance sheet accounts, completing account reconciliations, preparing reports, and various other general ledger (G/L) activities. This position will also analyze, compile and distribute weekly/monthly reporting packages while assisting business unit Controllers, Corporate Finance Team, and Shared Services Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support for the strategic direction and execution of G/L accounting processes related to accurate and timely recording and reporting of financial information and analysis of both internal and external reporting, in accordance with Altra Industrial Motion’s corporate accounting policies, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (U.S. GAAP) and other relevant statutory, governmental or professional guidelines.
- Contribute to and lead various aspects of the general ledger month-end close, including journal entry preparation, account reconciliations, consolidation activities, intercompany balancing, as well as, presentation of the balance sheet and income statement results and analysis for multiple companies.
- Assist other members of the Shared Services team (G/L, AR, & AP) in first-level problem-solving for all accounting activities.
- Partner with plant locations, other shared services departments, and corporate finance to ensure G/L activity is accurate.
The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process will have the opportunity to request accommodation during the application process.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel (Lookups, Sum Ifs, If statements, Pivot Tables). Proficiency with other MS Office tools – Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a customer service focus.
- Must be detail oriented, thorough, and focused on accuracy. Must possess excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, efficiencies, and results.
- Ability to adapt to change and navigate through ambiguity in a constantly evolving environment. Strong ability to remain calm under pressure and manage workload effectively with conflicting deadlines and priorities.
- Take initiative to identify continuous improvement ideas and is familiar with lean principles.
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal direction from Manager to accomplish objectives.
- The employee must maintain a flexible work schedule as needed during periods of high workload such as month-end close.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably a B.S. in Accounting or Finance
- CPA preferred. MBA or other advanced degree a plus.
- Minimum of 3 three years of experience in accounting, finance, or related field; 5+ years of experience preferred
- Experience in a shared services and/or manufacturing environment preferred.
- ERP experience required. Experience using major ERP Systems preferred – SAP, Oracle, JD Edwards, or similar for example
- Experience with financial consolidation software packages such as CCH Tagetik or Hyperion/HFM preferred. Direct experience with Tagetik is a plus.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles