EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of space worldwide. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and government sectors.
Job Title: Electrician
Job Summary: Installs, trouble shoots, and repairs facility electrical distribution systems, electronics, automation systems, lighting systems, apparatus and devices. Basic skills and knowledge of motor controls, and logic control systems. Qualified candidate should be familiar with low voltage systems, fire alarm systems, and voice and data systems. Position provides quality control using guidelines from the National Electrical Code, local codes, safety regulations and Viox standard practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installs power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and building equipment
- Connects power supply wires to machines and building equipment, and connects cables and wires between machines and equipment
- Troubleshoot and support production electronics and automation components
- Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, motor starters, MCC panels, MCC circuits, variable frequency drives and lighting fixtures and replaces damaged or broken wires and cables
- Will be responsible of all 3 phase 480/277 VAC, 3 Phase 120/208 VAC, and 120/240 VAC equipment
- Will maintain IT electrical service for computer equipment
- Will be responsible to maintain all electrical distribution systems within the buildings
- Replaces faulty electrical components of machine such as relays, switches, and motors, and positions sensing devices
- Replaces faulty electronic components, such as printed circuit boards
- Will be responsible for maintaining building lighting, task lighting on furniture systems, parking lot lighting, lighting contactors, emergency lights/exit lights, 120 volt outlets, photoelectric eyes for exterior building lighting, and lighting contactors that are controlled by the energy management system
- Plans layout of wiring and installs wiring, conduit, and electrical apparatus in buildings
- Performs preventative maintenance tasking on all electrical utilities and equipment
- Attends classes and seminars on air conditioning components and system design to update skills
- Responsible for accurate and timely paperwork related to essential duties and responsibilities
- Maintain, organize, control, inventory supplies, tools, and equipment
- Clean and organize shop area. Maintain inventory of spare parts and material. Maintain tools and equipment for maintenance work
- Other duties as assigned
- Successfully completed Apprenticeship Program.
- 5 years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess applicable certifications, licenses and a valid driver's license
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer