To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Diego, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Director of Accounting
Proven Recruiting • San Diego, CA
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Director of Technical Accounting - Technology - San Diego
Join a public tech company here in sunny San Diego with a unique culture, high-tech campus, and dynamic work-flow and environment. We are looking for a strong leader to join the team who has experience with various technical accounting subjects and a desire to mentor a team in implementations of global technical accounting policies. A CPA and significant public accounting experience working on complex transactions are required for this role.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or an advanced degree in related field and a CPA required
- 10+ years of experience in public accounting experience within a Big4 or large national CPA firm that audits publicly traded companies is desired
- Eight plus years of management experience
- Full understanding of GAAP accounting related to new lease and revenue recognition pronouncements as well as exposure to other areas such as fair value, purchase accounting, VIE’s and other topics
What You Will Do:
- Research technical accounting issues and provide guidance to business leaders as to the appropriate accounting for complex transactions
- Manage multiple complex and time-sensitive GAAP and SEC oriented accounting projects
- Provide guidance to teams and leadership based on research of various technical accounting standards related to M&A, revenue recognition, international accounting, and other areas
- Work cross-functionally with different departments to help ensure GAAP compliance for various contracts, multi-layered revenue streams and M&A related issues
Why Work Here:
- People: Ability to interact with a variety of likable people from varying backgrounds.
- Environment: Global team with a fun environment that revolves around innovation.
- Prosper: Excellent compensation and overall benefits.
- Work/life/play: We value your contributions and your life. We want to work, live and play!
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have the requisite experience and are interested in joining this dynamic company!