Dollar Tree's busy Distribution Center in Savannah Georgia is looking to add to our team of Maintenance Technicians to support a variety of shifts in various capacities such as conveyor technicians, mechanics, and electricians. We are looking for talented team players with proven success in a similar environment to work in a fast-paced, fully-automated 24/7/365 retail distribution center. Come be a part of this exciting opportunity to build something great and to grow your career in industrial maintenance with a winning supply chain team.
General Summary: Constructs, installs, repairs and maintains equipment, machinery, structures and electrical systems at the DC. Performs preventative maintenance as well as routine and emergency repairs throughout the building while adhering to a strict culture of safety.
Primary Job Duties:
- Assists other technicians in the repair and maintenance of equipment
- Completes work orders, records, logs and other written or computer-based documents according to established procedures
- Diagnoses mechanical and electrical problems using technical drawings (e.g., blueprints, electronic/mechanical schematics) and diagnostic tools (e.g. multi-meter, laptop)
- Operates material handling equipment, battery equipment, moving machinery, and other powered equipment; utilizes TCPiP as a troubleshooting/setup tool
- Performs preventive maintenance and repairs on equipment (e.g., pneumatic systems, material handling equipment, hydraulic equipment, dock equipment, electronic and electrical equipment, etc.) according to safety and quality procedures
- Troubleshoots and repairs complex electrical/electronic problems with equipment, networks, PC logic controls, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and external Input/Output (I/O) devices where the repair is not immediately visible or obvious
- Assists in the development of specific technical and training documentation; assists in the development of a Technical Support Help Desk/Troubleshooting Guide
- Provides resolutions to mechanical, technical/controls issues; documents all information relating to customer support issues in CMMS and Dashboard database; utilizes resources in other departments (when necessary) to expedite the resolution of conveyor related issues
- Provides information to management to enhance Customer Service success
- Follows up with other departments to ensure issues have been resolved
- Participates in cleaning the conveyor systems and part cage as appropriate
- Maintains inventory of company supplied tools
- Completes appropriate paperwork in a timely manner
- Adheres to all department and company standards, operating procedures and safety requirements while contributing to improvement
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required, post-high school education/training preferred
- Troubleshooting skills (Mechanical, Electrical, Controls, Networking)
- Ability to work well with the associates and represent the organization in a positive manner
- 2 – 4 years of related experience in mechanical troubleshooting, maintenance and/or installation
- Conveyor and/or sortation experience a plus
- Previous warehouse experience preferred
- Strong electrical, mechanical and mathematical skills
- Skills in welding, milling machines, hand and power tools and electrical motors
- P.C. literate, familiarity with Internet based software, MS Office, etc.
- Ability to lift 70 lbs.
- Dedication to promoting a strong culture of safety
- Ability to adapt to job duty and department changes as required
- Flexibility to work a variety of schedules based on business needs
What we offer you:
Dollar Tree offers a full benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, 401K, Profit Sharing and Discount Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Due to our tremendous growth we also offer excellent career GROWTH opportunities for motivated individuals
Why Dollar Tree?
Dollar Tree is a:
Priceless Experience: A career with Dollar Tree also comes with a lot of variety. It's a fun career that allows you to wear a different hat every day.
Big Company With Big Ideas: We are the nation's leading operator of single price point dollar stores with more than 6,000 locations in 48 states, a $19+ billion corporate owned chain.
Valuable Partner: We're all on the same team at Dollar Tree. We're about people treating each other with respect, camaraderie and a sense of joint purpose.
Career Growth Opportunity: If you have the drive and energy, a career with Dollar Tree can take you just about anywhere you want to go.
Place We Can All Profit: Why not have your cake and eat it too? Work for a great company and in return get a great benefits package that shows our appreciation.
Discover for yourself how far this DOLLAR can take you!
Dollar Tree is an equal opportunity employer