The Bountiful Company is a global leader in health and wellness, living at the intersection of science and nature. As a manufacturer, marketer and seller of vitamins, minerals, herbals, supplements, protein bars and powders, we are focused on enhancing the health and wellness of people’s lives. The brands of The Bountiful Company are some of the most trusted in the world including Nature's Bounty®, Solgar®, Pure Protein®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Puritan’s Pride®, Sundown®, Body Fortress®, MET-Rx®, Ester-C® and Dr.Organic®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Bountiful Company. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Bountiful Company is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.Job Description
The Team Leader, Operations oversees the overall responsibility for the manufacturing operations in the Texas Gummy Plant, including manufacturing and warehousing. Leads/manages a group of Team Members to produce high quality product on time and at high levels of efficiency. Provide strategic and tactical guidance and direction to ensure safe, efficient operations. Responsible for creating a culture within Operations of high performing teams.
IMPORTANT NOTE: WORK SCHEDULE 10:00PM-7:00AM / MONDAY - FRIDAY
Additional responsibilities include:
- Manages the area of responsibility to ensure Manufacturing, Packaging, or Warehousing objectives are achieved.
- Ensures compliance with quality, safety, regulatory requirements, and cGMP guidelines.
- CGMP/Documentation: Performs all functions according to Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Leads and directs the workforce in problem identification, problem solving and implementing continuous improvement measures
- Manages overall performance (adherence to standard work, attendance, safety, code of conduct, etc.) of assigned shift to achieve expected standards in the areas of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Productivity and Cost
- Communicates Operations Excellence (OE) principles to associates to improve their understanding and execution
- Conducts performance appraisals, both formal and informal and helps Associate’s develop improvement plans
- Responsible in driving the creation and improvement of standardized work
- Makes departmental decisions around waiving or deviating established procedures, taking into account any and all safety, environmental, or operational protocols and requirements
- Ensures escalation process standard work is followed and teams are engaging in Why-Why Problem Solving Activities.
- Ensures all associates receive proper training, such as GMP, SOP, Safety, and Operations. Communicates company objectives to associates. Monitor associate performance and provide coaching and training as required.
- Ensures teams maintain a clean orderly work area through use of 5S visuals management tools and standards
- Adheres to Health, Safety and Environmental policies. Identifies and reports unsafe conditions and behaviors and takes individual accountability addressing corrective actions
- Enables, participates and implements continuous improvement ideas.
- Participates in Site Focused Improvement events.
- Other duties as assigned
- Prior supervisory experience in a manufacturing and/or warehouse environment required
- High level of organizational skills, good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Must be able to multi-task and follow-up when responses are needed
- Basic mathematical skills
- Must be able to respond to verbal and written instructions
- Physical ability to lift, stand, climb, bend, etc within a manufacturing environment
- 5 years experience with food manufacturing and sanitation
- Bachelor’s Degree, Business, or related field; or commensurate experience.
- Solid PC skills, preferably in the Microsoft suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access) and MRP systems required.
- •Demonstrated written and verbal communication
- Works independently with minimal supervision once assignments or responsibilities have been outlined and delegated. Displays a strong sense of ownership for work.
- Develops contingency plans that respond to changes in customer demands or equipment failures.
- Demonstrates initiative, sense of urgency and bias for action. Self-motivated, naturally proactive with high energy levels when addressing work tasks. .
- Communicates effectively orally with Team Leaders and Peers. Maintains and internal and external customer focus.
- Uses organization and good time management skills.
- Identifies issues and opportunities, prioritize and successfully implements them.
- Builds productive, trusting, respectful relationships at all levels in the organization. Understands and values the perspectives of others by working in teams.
The Bountiful Company is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Bountiful Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, generous colleague discounts and more!
Please contact Human Resources at
if you should need a reasonable accommodation to submit your information for our online job postings.
Packaging And Labeling
Certified Global Meeting Planner
Good Manufacturing Practices