To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY 10005
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Kforce Technology • New York, NY
Posted 1 day ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce is working with a growing Gaming Firm located in New York, New York (NY) that is searching for a DevOps Manager to join their growing team. The ideal DevOps leader has come up through the ranks as a Full Stack Engineer and is passionate about automating all the things.
The ideal DevOps Manager thinks in terms of infrastructure as code and testing as a first-class citizen. You can pipe, grep, and seed your way across POSIX with the best of them. You are very opinionated about patterns and practices, but pragmatic in your discourse and implementation. You have experience building fully automated, highly elastic, cloud-orchestrated platforms over various IaaS providers like AWS, GCE, or on-premise solutions.
You see containers as the future of software deployments and are familiar with how to orchestrate them with frameworks like Kubernetes. There is a fine line between configuration management and immutable infrastructure and you know how to walk it. Compensation is strong, and the firm offers excellent benefits. Additionally, you'll have work schedule flexibility along with a fantastic work-life balance.
- Run day to day DevOps operations to meet project deliverables as well as business as usual weekly deliverables
- Provide guidance to technical staff on complex work and project requirements
- Work closely with Technology Operations director to address short-term and long-term requirements while adhering to industry best practices
- Technical requirements: Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible (or compatible scripting), Terraform, DataDog, Kafka, Load balancers, PKI, DNS, VMware, cloud infrastructure set up and operations, on-prem infrastructure set up and operations
- Nice to have: GCP, Java, Zookeeper, Apache, MySQL, Cassandra
- Ability to track record building winning culture, establishing best practices and taking teams to the next level
- Proven record of driving change/moving people off their comfort zones
- Ability to inspire not just manage
- Excellent communication skills and desire to communicate
- Track record mentoring and rebuilding teams
- Naturally curious, avid reader, and philosopher
- Excellent understanding of SDLC success factors
- Drive and execute DevOps pipelines and maintain consistent environments across critical business applications
- Establish environment management practices to ensure configuration consistency
- Manage database environments
- Manage geographically dispersed teams
- Track record delivering complex projects on time and effectively managing resources
- Understanding of project KPIs and Agile style progress reports
- Experience using Jira/Confluence
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.