Johnson & Johnson’s Ethicon within Medical Devices is recruiting for a Senior Electrical Manufacturing Engineer in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made meaningful contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. This is an opportunity for a key role in bringing exciting new products. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
As a Senior Electrical Manufacturing Engineer you will function as an integral member of New Product Development teams developing and validating manufacturing and assembly processes that ensure product quality, cost & performance objectives. You will also function as an engineering resource to aid in sustaining manufacturing issue resolution, including; problem root cause analysis, cost saving idea generation, planning, execution, component process/tooling troubleshooting, qualification, and improvement.
- Responsible for designing and developing robust electro-mechanical component/sub-assembly processes that meet product requirements in compliance to Quality, Lean, Safety and Ergo requirements (including but not limited to circuits (rigid/flex), software, and other electromechanical systems).
- Responsibility will include process development, qualification, and control for component and assembly solutions
- Provide all documentation & specifications for process & equipment including drawings, process specifications, PS & OM sheets, routers, IPQA specifications & troubleshooting guide
- Using appropriate statistical techniques, develop validation protocols, qualify first articles, complete process capability studies & process validation on both internal & supplier processes
- The Senior Engineer will operate in a matrix global organization and lead/support New Product Development (NPD) projects to plan, design, develop, qualify, validate and stabilize component development and qualification process solutions.
- Provide input to NPD teams on Design for Manufacturing, Assembly & Cost and drive product development to enable robust product and process development that meets business commitments and stabilization metrics.
- Incorporates risk mitigation methodology to drive process stability and capability.
- Actively participate in all other team activities contributing where required to other functional areas within team
Required Experiences & Skills:
- A minimum of a University/Bachelor’s Degree; Electrical Engineering, preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of manufacturing or engineering experience
- Working knowledge of the design and manufacturing of electronic components and/or assemblies
- Experience in process qualification and validation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Preferred Experiences & Skills:
- Knowledge of GD&T (ASME Y14.5)
- Prior Project Management experience
- Understanding of PCB fabrication and assembly (SMT reflow, AOI, X-Ray, and other Electrical testing)
- Experience with IPC acceptance, workmanship, ESD and EMI controls
- Experience with RoHS, REACH, UL and IEC 60601-X product safety and EMC requirements
- Previous experience in the areas of Design for Manufacturing or Assembly (DFM & A)
- Process Excellence Six Sigma knowledge
- Software validation
- Statistical Analysis knowledge (i.e. Design of Experiments (DOE), Process Stability/Control/Capability/MSA)
- Risk analysis including use of FMEA’s
- Anatomy & surgical procedures
- Quality documentation system’s
- GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) & ISO (International Organization for Standardization) 9000
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements regarding the design, build, and release of medical devices, worldwide
- This position is located in Cincinnati, Ohio and may require up to 25% travel domestic and internationally.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)
R&D Engineering (R&D)
Restriction Of Hazardous Substances Directive
Failure Mode Effects Analysis
Design For Manufacturability (Industrial Design)