Create innovative beverages using fresh seasonal ingredients, tinctures, and customize according to guests' requests, as well as pairing with menu items.
This is a part-time year round position. The working schedule for this position may include days, evenings, weekends & holidays based on operational needs.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Describe the selection of food and beverage menu items to guests by offering interesting, and vivid descriptions of each items origin, taste and preparation methods; communicate guests' orders including any specials needs or requests to the kitchen using the point-of-sales system; coordinate food timings; check completed kitchen orders with the guests' original order; serve items to the guest in a timely manner to ensure proper food and beverage quality.
- Quick and accurate execution of guests' beverage orders.
- Develop and make recommendations for all drink lists, specialties/featured drinks and customized drink orders.*
- Follow responsible alcohol service standards.
- Knowledge of Forbes and AAA Service standards.
- Ensure consistent bar presentation, utilize appropriate stemware, glassware as required by restaurant standards, polish glassware, stock bar supplies to par levels, etc.*
- Experience with custom cocktail development and ability to pair custom drink requests with menu items.
- Secure liquors, beers, wines, coolers, cabinets, and storage areas.
- Maintain bank, process all payment methods, complete necessary cashier reports, resolve discrepancies and complete all opening/closing paper work.
- Ensure that all the side work assigned is accomplished in a clean and orderly manner.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external guests.*
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the immediate work area, as well as the general property.
- Follow all safety and sanitation procedures*
- Comply with Hershey Entertainment & Resorts code of conduct policy.
- Full knowledge of all beverage, menu items and preparation methods.
- Mixologists will be expected to tip out their bar back (1.5% of total sales) and 10% of the servers tip share (with the mixologist). Mixologists will be expected to tip out their food runner (2% of food sales).*
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
- Plate and prepare food items.
- Anticipate guests' needs, ascertain satisfaction, offer suggestions, respond urgently and appropriately to guests concerns and requests.
- Complete any related duties and tasks assigned.
- Minimum of 1 years of related experience.
- Bartending and/or Mixology experience
- 18 years of age or older.
- No education required
- Detailed knowledge of spirits knowledge and food.
- Experience with custom cocktail development
- Post-Employment - Certification of mixology/wine programs and/or seminars
- Post-Employment - RAMP certification preferred or ability to obtain upon employment
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Climbing Ladders Never
- Reaching Forward Occasional (
- Climbing Stairs Occasional (
- Lifting Occasional (
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (
- Finger Dexterity Frequent (34-66%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Constant (>67%)
- Stooping Frequent (34-66%)
- Bending Frequent (34-66%)
- Standing Constant (>67%)
- Walking Constant (>67%)
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
- The position is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Must be able to work flexible hours based on operations needs
- This is a union position and the work schedule will be based on union seniority. Candidates must be able to meet scheduled requirements, which will most likely require evening and weekend hours.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Operate Cash Register