Girard College - Philadelphia, PAPosition Type
Regular Full TimeEducation Level
Girard College is a full scholarship boarding school that fosters intellectual curiosity, social development and emotional growth in academically focused students from underserved communities. We ensure every student the opportunity and the means to achieve excellence and preparation for advanced education through purposeful academic and residential programs.
Girard College seeks an experienced Math Interventionist for Grades 9 -12 for a position beginning school year 2022. The Math Interventionist will work with small group and/or individual students as identified through our comprehensive MTSS program with research-based mathematics instruction that will support greater academic success for students in Grades 9 - 12. The Math Interventionist reports to the Principal of the High School and collaborates with other members of the Girard College community.Essential Expectations of Girard College Teachers Include but Are Not Limited to:
- Provide targeted interventions to students in grades 9-12.
- Collaborate with math team members to support in-class instruction.
- Assess and monitor student math growth through the creation of diagnostic tests and the Measure of Academic Progress (MAP).
- Analyze and report assessment results to administration, colleagues, students, and families.
- Support and supplement the implementation of Quest Forward curriculum.
- Provide or support instruction for SAT/ACT math preparation
- Participate in all meetings, retreats, field trips and other events as needed.
- Develop and maintain constructive relationship with parents
- All duties and responsibilities as assigned by Head of High School
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Collaborate with building leader, instructional coaches, grade level/department chairs and school team to continuously improve instructional, culture-building and leadership skills
- Participate enthusiastically in all professional development, instructional planning, teacher/residential collaborative team meetings, and data analysis meetings
- Function as a school wide partner in helping to raise student achievement and character for all students in the school. Reinforcing school-wide expectations and volunteering to take on additional actives as needed to improve school academics and culture.
- Strong instructional and classroom management skills.
- High level of personal organization and planning.
- Team player: maturity, humility, grit, flexible, follow-through, sense of humor, open to feedback and a "roll-up-my-sleeves" attitude.
- Strong belief in the Girard College mission and education model.
- Mastery of and enthusiasm for a growth mindset towards personal/professional growth, student outcomes, and subject matter.
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics required, Degree in Education.
- Instructional Certification Required, PA Instructional Certification preferred.
- Preferred teaching experience of over five years.
- Experience of management or collaboration
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, Chromebooks and other appropriate classroom technological tools
- Data Analysis
- Google Suite