This is an entry level position. This position will learn multiple bakery production jobs, many of which are machine operator positions. Responsibilities include the consistent production of a high quality product in a baking facility while incorporating safety and sanitation standards. This position is committed to ensuring the best quality products, excellent customer service by following good manufacturing practices.
- Worker subject to inside work, protected from weather conditions. Worker subjected to temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour that is process related and more extreme in summer months.
- Worker subject to noise sufficient to require hearing protection in designated areas.
- Worker subject to hazards such as proximity to moving parts, electrical current, and moving objects carrying considerable weight and force.
- Capable of working in environment of flour dust.
- Work requires the ability to read, write and communicate in English in order to understand and follow work and safety instructions. Must be able to perform basic arithmetic to include adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing.
- Fully trained in Lock-Out Tag-Out.
- Some analytical ability required in order to gather and interpret data in situations where the problems are somewhat complex in dealing with ingredient formulations.
- Independent judgment is often required. Some direct guidance is received from Supervisor and/or from established procedures or instructions. The consequence of errors is significant in cost in time, product loss or public acceptance of product quality.
- Must have visual and mental ability to identify various products and read and understand instructions, gauges and thermometers.
- Performs tasks requiring occasional independent knowledge in addition to procedures or specific instructions provided.
- Must be capable of understanding instructions, oral and written, and reading notices and work schedules as posted on the Bulletin Board.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be required to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this job description. Bimbo Bakeries USA reserves the right to revise this Job Description as it deems necessary.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.