Requisition ID: 156739
Job Level: Entry Level
Home District/Group: Kiewit Power Engineering
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Power Engineers is seeking an Early Career Transmission Line Engineer. As part of this team of highly specialized design professionals, you will support a variety of substation, transmission and distribution projects ranging from 12kV to 500kV in both engineering detailed design and Engineer, Procure, Construct (EPC) projects for clients throughout the country.
We are looking for ideal candidates to grow the Kiewit team by helping establish, maintain, and improve company standards and tools while also utilizing these standards and tools to contribute to project success. Candidates shall be familiar with current drawing and technical tools, programs, and software with an understanding of design documentation creation and layouts. Candidates shall be capable of exhibiting flexibility in work assignments while maintaining a growth mindset and continuing to develop in their technical and professional career.
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Power district, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPC delivery model for power facilities. We offer a variety of engineering services, including owner's engineering, project development, detailed engineering and design, construction management and plant services. Our engineering teams bring power projects to life across North America in the following areas:
- Gas-fired generation
- Power delivery
- Environmental retrofits
- Renewables and new technology
This position is based out of Lenexa, KS.
- Working collaboratively in a team environment to understand scope, prepare deliverables, and provide project updates.
- Performing cost effective designs based on industry, company, and/or client standards.
- Generating transmission line design criteria for PLS-CADD.
- Building, modifying and analyzing transmission line, pole and tower models within PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE and PLS TOWER.
- Developing construction assembly drawings, material specifications, and structure loading packages for submittal to vendors.
- Developing construction deliverable packages that include plan & profile drawings, phasing drawings, and standard installation specifications.
- Traveling out of town for short periods of time as required by projects and assignments.
- Attending external and internal meetings to support processes.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field from an accredited Engineering Institute.
• 3.0 cumulative GPA preferred
• 0-2 years of experience as a transmission engineer, transmission line engineer, civil engineer or related position preferably including:
- Route alignment planning, structure spotting, and structure and line design of overhead transmission lines using PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE, and PLS TOWER
- Lattice tower analysis and design utilizing PLS TOWER and ASCE 10
- Foundation design of transmission structures using FAD Tools and LPILE
• Understanding of NESC, and relevant ASCE, IEEE and regional codes and standards
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment.
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Substation
- Freight Forwarding
- National Electrical Safety Code