TEGNA is looking for a highly-skilled and creative Visual Storyteller to join a new Texas regional investigative/deep-dive team.
TEGNA wants someone ready to break out of the traditional format and reach the audience where they are. We're looking for someone who has a knack for producing shareable and exciting content for everything for short-term and long-term investigative projects on issues that affect Texans living in one of TEGNA's 11 Texas markets. A successful candidate must be eager to tell great visual stories on their own as well as with a team.
Our photojournalism is rooted in storytelling, and we intend to continue to change the industry, not conform to it. We pride ourselves at providing the highest quality journalism that makes an impact in our community. Our reputation has been built on dedication to our mission both journalistically and in service to the community we live in - our people are passionately involved.
For this role:
- Passion for capturing video & audio elements that produce compelling and engaging stories for short-term and long-term investigative projects
- Develop story ideas, pitches, and sources
- Edit stories with Adobe Premiere and ability to adapt to other editing platforms as needed
- DSLR and Sony FS series camera experience preferred
- Adobe After Effects or Motion Design experience is a plus
- Certified FAA Drone Pilot is a plus
- Ability to collaborate with reporters, digital team and others, as well as independently develop a vision for stories
- Use creative production techniques to enhance stories and engage audience
- Familiarity with all distribution platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Internet, etc.
- Post to social media, edit social videos, and create digital content
- Attend editorial meetings, participate in discussions, and suggest story ideas
- Excellent organizational skills
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- 3-5 years of experience as a TV photojournalist and news editor preferred
- Must help promote a culture of innovative storytelling
- Advance storytelling experienced required
- Must be able to tell the news story creatively with strong audio and visual skills
- Must be able to make quick decisions while working under pressured deadlines
- Must be flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable, with ability to travel with short notice
- Strong computer skills in a mobile environment required
- Must have a valid driver's license, able to lift up to 40 lbs. and occasionally up to 80 lbs. with or without an accommodation
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 49 television stations and two radio stations in 41 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 30 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry's top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA also delivers innovative and unparalleled solutions for advertisers through TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS). TMS is a one-stop shop that helps businesses thrive through an unmatched suite of services and solutions that reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, URL blocked - click to apply
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
Adobe After Effects