Freeman is the global leader in events. Whether virtual, in-person, or hybrid, we are on a mission to redefine live for a new era. With a data-driven approach and the world's largest network of experts, our insights are shaping exhibitions, exhibits, and events that drive audiences to action. Our integrated full-service solutions leverage a 100-year legacy in event management as well as new technologies to deliver moments that matter.
Freeman is seeking a Procurement Manager Category Analyst. The Category Analyst position will be an integral part of the Category Management and Strategic Sourcing functions in the Supply Chain organization, reporting to the Vice President of Procurement, The Category Analyst is responsible for partnering within the Procurement organization on category goals to help drive value through the category management model and strategic sourcing process. The analyst must be highly analytical and self-driven with a proven ability to collect and analyze data, draw conclusions, and present findings to drive robust category strategies. In addition, the analyst must possess an ability to work in a fast paced, cross-functional, and collaborative environment while meeting procurement goals and business needs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Locates, compiles, analyzes, and organizes all relevant spend data to meet category objectives. This includes a complete understanding of spend (historic, baseline, forecast) in accordance with the category's supply base and business projections. Compares data from multiple sources to draw conclusions with proven ability to format and present findings in a clear, logical, and presentable manner.
* Locate and organize category and sub-category supplier contracts with a proven ability to understand contract terms and addressable spend vs. non-addressable spend to aid in opportunity assessment.
* Performs category supplier landscape analysis, inclusive of understanding existing supply base and the respective historic performance.
* Performs ongoing sub-category market research to ensure a clear understanding of the full supplier landscape and the relationships between their capabilities and our business requirements.
* Helps lead the RFx process aligned with category strategy goals, which includes but is not limited to: supplier communication, document creation and distribution, decision/evaluation criteria, response analysis, negotiation analysis, and supplier selection.
* Completes special projects and ad-hoc analysis in an accurate and timely manner.
* Takes action to identify, analyze and improve existing processes within the Category Management organization to maximize opportunities for efficiency and effectiveness and meet new goals and objectives.
Education & Experience
* Requires 4 year degree or relevant work experience
* Prefer 0-3 years of relevant work experience in combination with a relevant Bachelor's degree
* Advanced analytical skills which include the ability to refine, manufacture, and draw conclusions on large amounts of data.
* Proven ability to communicate and/or present information logically and clearly.
* Demonstrates knowledge of procurement operations and the strategic sourcing process.
* Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and meet deadlines that require frequent communication, organization/time management, and problem solving skills.
* Proven track record for working effectively in a team environment and cultivating strong internal and external relationships.
* Quickly gains and applies knowledge, understanding and skills and actively participates in learning experiences.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office
* Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Previous experience with category management in a procurement setting.
* Previous experience with the strategic sourcing process including negotiations.
* Project management experience or knowledge.
* Advanced technical skills with computers and software
* Experience with e-procurement and procurement software (specifically Ariba and Coupa)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Preferred, not required: CPSM, PMP, Six Sigma.
At Freeman, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status and other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Business Requirements
- Certified Project Management Professional
- Data Analysis
- E Procurement