A completed online application will make it more efficient and quicker for us to place you.
Maintenance Mechanic in Hampton, VA This position supports production by installing, maintaining and repairing equipment- this includes the rebuilding of machinery, tooling and equipment.
The Mechanic responsibilities also include but are not limited to:
- Repairing and maintaining complicated and/or special-purpose machines and equipment
- Disassembling problematic equipment and determine the extent of necessary repairs
- Replace broken, worn, or defective tooling, parts, etc.
- Welding and rigging when required
- Basic Machining, plumbing, and minor electrical work
- Build platforms and fabricate metal fixtures
- Repair forklifts, lawn equipment, and industrial cleaning equipment
- Repair and refit problematic parts and/or tooling as necessary
- Make any needed changes or adjustments to insure the efficient and safe operation of machines and equipment
- Inspect work for quality and safety before releasing equipment into general use/production
- Participate in total quality management projects to achieve continuous improvement
- electrical experience & a solid understanding in this area is a PLUS!!
The Successful Incumbent will also:
- Have 5+ years of maintenance experience
- Be able to maneuver in small tight spaces
- Be able to climb ladders
- Respond to issues with a sense of urgency
- Ensure quality standards are met at all times
- Have prior Manufacturing Experience
- Be able to work around electrical, mechanical, and environmental hazards existing in manufacturing environments- including moving parts and objects, high-powered machinery, sharp metal shavings, blades, tools, etc.
- Stand/walk continuously throughout the shift.
- Be capable of lifting up to 75 lbs.
- Be capable of reaching, twisting, bending, kneeling and/or other awkward movements.
- Be able to work at heights above ground level.
Rigging (Sailing Ship)
Continuous Improvement Process