To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Gaithersburg, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
EMCOR Group, Inc • Gaithersburg, MD
Posted 1 month ago
EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Engineer
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services has an immediate need for an Engineer in Gaithersburg, MD.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The Engineer will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation and maintenance during his/her watch of all equipment in his/her plant. Operates and maintains one or more systems which provide the facility with such services as heat, air-conditioning (cool, humidify, dehumidify, filter, and circulate air), refrigeration, steam or high temperature water or electricity. Duties involve: observing and interpreting readings on guages, meters, and charts which register various aspects of the system's operation, adjusting controls to insure safe and efficient operation of the system and to meet demands for the service provided; recording in logs various aspects of the system's operation; keeping the engines, machinery and equipment of the system in good working order. May direct and coordinate activities of other workers (not stationary engineers) in performing tasks directly related to operating and maintaining the system or systems.
- Must have 3 – 6 years’ experience as a Building Engineer in a commercial environment.
- Must possess a current MD 1st Class Stationary Engineers license or Journeyman HVAC Mechanic license; must have Universal CFC certification.
- Must have working knowledge of Johnson Facility Explorer BAS & TRANE Tracer systems. Position requires strong knowledge of high-pressure steam, HVAC, and electrical building systems.
- Work requires an abundance of walking, bending, kneeling, and working in uncomfortable positions.
- Unless a higher degree is specified in this job posting, all positions require a minimum high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer.