Pactiv Evergreen Inc. (NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers, other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the company website at pactivevergreen.com.
44 miles southeast of Little Rock, Pine Bluff is the tenth-largest city in the state of Arkansas and the county seat of Jefferson County. It is the principal city of the Pine Bluff Metropolitan Statistical Area and part of the Little Rock-North Little Rock-Pine Bluff Combined Statistical Area.
The Evergreen Packaging Pine Bluff Paper Mill is located in Pine Bluff, Arkanas, less than an hour from Little Rock in scenic southeast Arkansas. It is the largest industrial employer in Jefferson County. Opened in 1958, Pine Bluff is the largest facility within Evergreen Packaging and is home to the world's largest gable-top liquid packaging paperboard machine. In addition to producing paperboard for cartons, the facility also produces coated paper for magazines.
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics or statuses protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call
or email [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to General Mechanic I
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines and applicable laws.
Repair, install, adjust, assemble, & maintain paper mill
production equipment & machinery.
All General Mechanics are expected to have skills in the areas listed below:
- Reading mechanical prints and understanding technical manuals
- Reading work orders to determine repair activities and follow safe work procedures
- Cutting and welding of various materials such as pipe, plate, and structural
- Laser alignment
- Bearing installation and removal
- Coupling installation and removal
- Belt and chain maintenance
- Knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics a plus
- Rotating equipment preventive maintenance and lubrication
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must meet skills assessments requirements with the Arkansas Workforce & SEARK College.
- Your individual scores must be on your resume. Proof of high school diploma or GED.
- Must have the ability to stand, walk, climb, and bend and be willing to work off shifts.
- Documentation of one year or more of previous mechanic experience.
- Assembly And Installation
- Industrial Laser Tasking