To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Shelton, CT 06484
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Product Manager - Shelton, CT
Hubbell Inc • Shelton, CT
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
40 Waterview Drive
Shelton, CT 06484
Position reports directly to the Director of Marketing, Energy Management Products. The Product Manager is responsible for assigned product line(s) in all aspects; new product development, product line life-cycle management, competitive analysis, pricing, creating all related marketing literature/collateral for an effective on-time launch. This includes gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, manufacturing, finance, standards and quality to deliver successful products. It also includes working and presenting with sales, marketing to develop, support and ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product Manager's job also includes ensuring that the product and marketing efforts support the company's overall strategy and goals.
Skills and Experience
- Technical background preferred, knowledge of Controls a plus
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the electrical/energy distribution business, or other related marketing field
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet or beat assigned targets and deadlines consistently and within budget
- Experience with cross-functional teams that include engineering, manufacturing, finance, operations, sales, and marketing staff
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including presentation experience to large and diverse audiences
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing the entire product line life-cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Work with Sales, Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations and Finance to develop aggressive timelines for new product development and market release.
- Support product design, development and release process for assigned products and maintain the product development road map.
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Interface with Engineering to develop product line extensions and product improvements.
- Run beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples.
- Develop the core positioning and messaging for the product.
- Develop product packaging.
- Develop content for product collateral.
- Develop strategy for products and set product pricing to meet revenue and profitability goals.
- Develop hands-on, in-depth knowledge of competitive products and maintain technical analysis of competitive strengths and weaknesses.
- Provide in-depth analysis of market, industry and competitors.
- Develop both internal and external product education strategies.
- Support marketing, sales, technical support, clinical support and customer service through leading the development and maintenance of various technical marketing collateral including application notes, FAQs, product notes, user guides, field training presentations, online marketing content and demos.
- Support sales by providing training on products, feature/benefit opportunities and competitive comparisons.
- Perform product demonstrations at trade shows, online and live seminars, and other events.
- Work with the sales team to develop innovative marketing programs and show event campaigns.
- Conduct market assessments and competitive analyses to identify product opportunities whether new or redesigned to meet different needs.
- Provide user and competitive input to research & development as well as manufacturing to address end user needs/concerns.
- Provide accurate sales forecasts for manufacturing.
- Analyze sales data and provide information concerning sales trends and performance.
Support the Director of Marketing in other duties as assigned
Bachelors Degree in Marketing or Other Technology
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.