DescriptionJOB PURPOSE: 10,000.00 SIGN ON
The Registered Nurse Unit Manager is responsible for delegating responsibility and accountability for the provision of resident care according to professional standards of nursing practice in compliance with state and federal laws and regulations. This position also implements nursing policies and procedures that reflect center mission and philosophy. The RN Unit Manager conducts education, infection control, quality assurance and admission screening functions as assigned and utilizes resources in an efficient and economic manner to ensure that each resident achieves the highest practicable physical, mental and psycho social well-being. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and foster an environment that creates and enhances a team approach.
- Check twenty four hour physician orders to ensure all documentation is complete and responsible parties have been notified.
- Assure pain is assessed on all new admissions and at least quarterly (schedule assessments with the ARD date).
- Assure “falls” assessments are completed on admissions and at least quarterly (schedule assessments with ARD date).
- Assure restraint assessments and restraints reductions are documented as needed for each resident. (schedule assessments with ARD).
- Assure water pitcher sanitation rotation is completed per dietary department schedule. Train staff and monitor wheelchair, Geri-chair, merry walker, etc. for proper storage when not in use.
- Train staff and monitor location of linen/trash barrels (must be moved q 10-15 minutes) when on the halls. Ensure proper storage when not in use.
- Train and monitor proper request for supplies.
QualificationsMINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Train staff on the importance of utilizing supplies only for patients to whom they were charged. . Check rooms for resident’s names on the supplies when making rounds.
- Direct and monitor patient care, monitor residents, and resident’s rooms for cleanliness and tidiness.
- Ensure chemicals, sharps, and any unsafe items are removed from the resident’s rooms.
- Ensure all liquids are labeled and dated when opened. (ex. Insulin, saline, etc.) Check for expiration dates and discard as appropriate.
- Train staff and monitor medication carts to ensure they remain locked when out of the medication room and unattended.
- Assist the infection control nurse in maintaining an infection free environment (check to assure, items such as urine graduates are labeled, rinsed and turned upside down on a paper towel on the back of the toilet) hats, bedpans, wash basins, and urinals are properly rinsed after use.
- Assist restorative nursing in maintaining an ongoing bowel and bladder program (perform random checks to ensure all residents are being toileted as able and all residents remain clean and dry).
- Review the restorative program with the Restorative CNA responsible for completing weekly Restorative Notes.
- Maintain and control staff schedules and assignments. Keep Director of Health Services (DHS), CCC and Human Resources informed of any and all vacancies.
- Coordinate daily with the DHS to provide communication and stability to each wing/unit. Attend and contribute to care plan meetings when the care plan meeting involves a resident from the Unit Manager’s Wing.
- Complete Random checks of medication room refrigerators, emergency box, etc. for expiration dates.
- Ensure that partners do not have food in the medication room refrigerator, or the nourishment room refrigerator.
- Assist Infection Control in checking the nourishment room refrigerator to ensure all items are dated and that dates are within range/in date per policy. Discard all unlabeled food items and/or expired food items.
- Keep DHS informed of any controlled drugs to be ordered. Attend the morning meetings and contribute information as need to the team.
- Any other duties as determined by supervisor.
- Implement partner relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-partner relationship and promote a high level of partner morale.
- Keep supervisor informed of daily activities, and issues. Propose solutions to issues as appropriate.
- Must be able to promote and foster positive relationships with co-workers; maintain effective relationships with management staff, other partners, and the general public. Must have timely, regular attendance.
- Follow all company policies and procedures, state and federal laws and regulations, and is required to report violations to the appropriate supervisor.
- Carry out all duties with a “Commitment to Caring” and in accordance with the company’s mission, vision, and philosophy.
- Maintain confidentiality of company information. Demonstrate honesty and integrity at all times.
- Able to respond to change productively and handle additional projects as assigned.
Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university, or is a graduate of an accredited/approved RN program. MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
One (1) year experience in long term care setting. MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Current and unrestricted Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in state of practice. ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)
Nursing service administration experience preferred.Job:
South Carolina-North AugustaSchedule:
1st ShiftJob Posting:
Sep 2, 2021, 7:58:52 AM
- Emergency Handling
- Registered Nurse Certified
- Storage (Warehousing)